Our Mission is maintaining poise and personal growth throughout all stages and challenges of life using the principles of Alexander technique (AT).
Our Mission is realized through promotion of the profession, creation of programs adapted for specific populations and industries, and support of cutting edge research in the field.
We use a coordinated team approach uniting individuals who have benefited from AT, industry expert advocates, and AT professionals.
We are committed to removing barriers and making Alexander technique training available across socio-economic groups and to those with chronic conditions. To achieve our goals, we:
* Create and deliver AT principle based classes for target populations
* Create and deliver AT principle based continuing education courses for industry professionals
* Identify funding sources and delivery systems to provide alternatives to current private practice/private pay models
* Initiate research projects to build on existing data on AT
* Create jobs for AT professionals in new populations and industries through a strategic, targeted approach
* Create post-graduate training to prepare AT teachers to meet demands for new industry jobs
* Create internships and entry-level job opportunities for AT graduating trainees
* Create approved AT principle based curriculum for primary, secondary and tertiary educational institutions