The North Carolina Center for Nonprofits is a state association for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations who join our membership. To member organizations, we offer a wide variety of Member-only benefits that support our mission to educate, connect, and advocate for North Carolina nonprofits. We do not offer services in helping to start a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Businesses offering those services can be found in our vendor directory.
Here are helpful resources for starting a nonprofit:
- How to Start a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit (Recursos similares disponibles en español.)
- IRS Tax Information for Nonprofits (en español)
- IRS Form 1023 Prerequisite Questions
- Business Link NC
- National Council of Nonprofits
- Guide to Succeeding in the Nonprofit Sector (Zippia)
If you'd simply like to volunteer, visit our Member Directory to find nonprofits in your community and contact them directly.