The North Carolina Center for Nonprofits is a state association for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations who join our membership. To member organizations, we offer a wide variety of Member-only benefits that support our mission to educate, connect, and advocate for North Carolina nonprofits. We do not offer services in helping to start a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Businesses offering those services can be found in our vendor directory.
Here are helpful resources for starting a nonprofit:
- How to Start a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit (Recursos similares disponibles en español)
- IRS Tax Information for Nonprofits (en español)
- National Council of Nonprofits' Five Steps
- Incorporating Your Nonprofit in North Carolina (NC Secretary of State)
- The North Carolina Nonprofit Assistance Manual (NC Pro Bono Resource Center)
- Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina (EDPNC)
- SCORE - NC Chapters
- Guide to Succeeding in the Nonprofit Sector (Zippia)
If you'd simply like to volunteer, visit our Member Directory to find nonprofits in your community and contact them directly.