Services benefiting the nonprofit sector as a whole
- Advocacy on state and federal policy issues that affect all 501(c)(3) nonprofits in NC, legal and tax compliance checklists of laws and regulations that nonprofits must follow, and extensive updates for our affiliated organizations and individuals.
- Principles & Practices: Best Practices for North Carolina Nonprofits, a guide of specific benchmarks to be effective and accountable.
- The statewide Conference for North Carolina’s Nonprofit Sector, where 500-600 nonprofit leaders connect, share and learn annually.
- Pro Bono Volunteer program where experts apply to help our nonprofit Members with legal, accounting, human resources, marketing, and professional coaching issues.
- Business Finder, an online vendor directory of businesses and consultants providing services specifically for nonprofits; vendor listings indicate which firms offer discounts to Members.
- NC Nonprofit Careers, an online jobs board to recruit talent to the nonprofit sector.
Services offered solely to our Members
- Member Assistance - Confidential information and direct assistance on best practices and resources. More than 133,500 board and nonprofit staff leaders have used these services.
- Information Central - An extensive online library of carefully selected resources. Nonprofits download sample organizational policies and other substantive resources an average of 154 times a day!
- Money Saving Partnerships - Discounts on products and services to help nonprofits cut operating costs. Member nonprofits using our unemployment insurance program have already saved nearly $7 million! Plus, free consultations with attorneys, CPAs, professional coaches, marketing, HR, and succession planning experts.
- Nonprofit Connections - An online publication with nonprofit articles, resources, and sector trends.
- Pro Bono Programs for legal issues, accounting, professinal coaching, executive transition, human resources, and marketing. The Center collaborates with local, state, and national partners interested in helping North Carolina’s nonprofits – including the NC Bar Association, NC Association of CPAs, International Coach Federation, Raleigh-Wake Human Resources Management Association, and American Marketing Association.
- Networking Opportunities - A statewide network for professional development, peer exchange, and sharing of solutions.