Services benefiting the nonprofit sector as a whole
- Advocacy on state and federal policy issues that affect all 501(c)(3) nonprofits in NC, legal and tax compliance checklists of laws and regulations that nonprofits must follow, and extensive updates for our affiliated organizations and individuals.
- Principles & Practices for Nonprofit Excellence, a guide of specific benchmarks to be effective and accountable.
- The Statewide Conference for North Carolina’s Nonprofit Sector (Sept. 12-14, 2018 in Research Triangle Park). More than 86,500 community leaders have participated in our conferences and other seminars.
- Pro Bono Volunteer program where anyone can apply to help our Members in a variety of areas.
- Online jobs board, NC Nonprofit Careers, to fill vacancies and recruit talent to the nonprofit sector.
Services offered solely to our Members
- Member Assistance - Confidential information and direct assistance on best practices and resources. More than 133,500 board and nonprofit staff leaders have used these services.
- Information Central - An extensive online library of carefully selected resources. Nonprofits download sample organizational policies and other substantive resources an average of 154 times a day!
- Money Saving Partnerships - Dozens of ways to help nonprofits cut operating costs through discounts on products and services. Member nonprofits using our unemployment insurance program have already saved nearly $7 million! Plus, free consultations with attorneys, CPAs, professional coaches, marketing, HR, and succession planning experts.
- Common Ground - An online publication with information on sector trends, practical tips, and nonprofit news.
- Pro Bono programs for accounting, coaching, executive transition, HR, legal issues, and marketing for Members. The Center collaborates with local, state, and national partners interested in helping North Carolina’s nonprofits--including the NC Bar Association, NC Association of CPAs, American Marketing Association, Raleigh-Wake Human Resources Management Association, International Coach Federation, and volunteer consultants--working on executive transitions that provide top-notch pro bono help to nonprofits.
- Networking Opportunities - A statewide network for professional development, peer exchange, and sharing of solutions.