North Carolina’s nonprofit sector is a vital leader in building and sustaining equitable and thriving communities.
To educate, connect, and advocate for North Carolina nonprofits.
- Collaboration: Partner with nonprofits, businesses, governments, and individuals to strengthen our communities.
- Equity & Inclusion: Commit to helping nonprofits contribute to an equitable society.
- Excellence: Challenge ourselves to produce high-quality work that is responsive to feedback.
- Innovation: Adapt continually to remain valuable to our stakeholders.
- Champion the nonprofit sector
- Innovate learning
- Value our Members
- Cultivate connections
- Strive to model best practices
The North Carolina Center for Nonprofits (the Center) places extraordinary value on seeing equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) embedded within the structure of all organizations and communities across the state. We are committed to transforming North Carolina into a more equitable state and dismantling racism on the four levels on which it operates in society (Personal; Interpersonal; Institutional; Structural).
As such, the Center is dedicated to:
- Operationalizing equitable practices and policies both internally among board and staff and externally when engaging with our Members, funders, and others;
- Ensuring that decision-making is inclusive of all staff and board members and considers the voices and needs of the organizations and communities most affected by systemic barriers and discrimination;
- Being innovative in how we approach our equity, diversity, and inclusion work;
- Continuously learning and reflecting on how to be a better champion of equity for our sector;
- Taking full responsibility for and correcting mistakes we make along the way; and
- Providing support and training to our fellow nonprofits so that we may grow together in equity, diversity, and inclusion.
(Adopted: November 19, 2020)