The Nonprofit Management Institute is a virtual, interactive cohort learning opportunity designed for nonprofit managers. This online learning experience will guide participants through the Center's Principles & Practices guide which is designed to assist nonprofits with a greater understanding of management functions essential to the growth and development of their organizations in the following key topic areas: Board Governance; Strategic Planning; Fundraising; Financial Management; and Human Resources. Practical skills acquired through each topic area are designed to build organizational capacity and help achieve sustainability.
Sessions will be held on Tuesdays, September 15 - October 13, from 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM.
Cost is $350 for Members and $500 for Non-Members for all five sessions.
Registration is now closed.
September 22 - Board Governance and Program Design, Management, & Evaluation
Board Governance: Recruit and retain an active and diverse board of directors with working committees that provide governance and oversight while providing board training and development
- Recruit and retain board members who are committed to providing governance and oversight while preserving the mission and pursuing the vision
- Foster an active board of direc-tors and working committees with diverse members who support the nonprofit with time, money, and influence while providing gover-nance and oversight
- Leverage an active, diverse board of directors and working committees who advance the nonprofit through strategic decision making, fundrais-ing, innovative thinking, and ongoing board development
Program Design, Management, & Evaluation: Design and manage programs in alignment with the mission with sufficient funding and human resources to achieve program outcomes as evidenced by community impact through high-quality evaluation processes
- Design and implement programs which align with the nonprofit’s mission and vision to meet community needs
- Manage programs with sufficient funding and human resources to achieve desired outcomes
- Provide credible evidence of program impact through a detailed and robust assessment and evaluation process