This one-day workshop, designed for beginners as well as practiced grant writers, will cover basic grant writing objectives, the seven elements of almost every proposal, how to customize proposals to the granting organization, successful grant research, developing relationships with donors, and grant management.
You will hear real stories from the nonprofit world, do’s and don’ts of grant writing, review successfully funded proposals.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Determine if your organization is prepared to begin applying for grant funding.
- Know what questions should be answered before searching for grant prospects.
- Understand the seven major elements of most grant proposals.
- Differentiate between local, state, and federal grants.
- Determine what size grants your organization can realistically manage.
- Understand the need for grant research, identify different ways to conduct grant research, and connect your results to appropriate projects or services.