Join Grant Writing USA for a two-day grant writing workshop to learn how to find funding sources and write winning grant proposals. Beginning and experienced grant writers from city, county and state agencies, healthcare organizations, nonprofits, K-12, colleges, and universities are encouraged to attend.
Day One Learning Objectives:
- Understand the critical difference between organizational needs and the needs of the community
- Develop your credibility as an applicant
- Research, measure, and objectively articulate the community need to be addressed with the proposed grant
- Measure impacts and define success
- Present and justify your method for addressing the need, including why you've chosen this method over other possible methods, and overcome the inherently subjective nature of methods
Day Two Learning Objectives:
- Develop your plan for grant evaluation (both subjective and objective) and integrate your plan with the grant maker's required evaluation and reporting system
- Develop a budget and analyze cash flow; determine if you can afford to get this grant before submitting an application; collaborate with your fiscal affairs, grants managers, and leadership
- Summarize your request for that impossibly small summary opportunity on the standard federal cover page or one/two page foundation request
- Locate and track relevant grant opportunities from federal, state, and local government sources, private foundations, and corporate giving programs
- Allocate and forecast proposal team work load before the RFP is released
- Dissect the RFP; research enabling legislation; understand the "spirit and intent" of the grant program; technical assistance contacts and the need for open and honest communication
Various CEUs and university credit are available. Participants receive two days of instruction, workbook, and access to the Alumni Forums with tools, helpful discussions, and sample grant proposals.
Tuition is $495. Nonprofits can use discount code NPO to receive $30 off tuition.
Participants that register for both this workshop and the Grants Management Workshop receive $100 off combined tuition. Groups of 5 or more receive a $50 discount per person. Discounts for Grant Writing alumni and nonprofits are also available. Call for details: 888-435-7281.