This online training covers the diversity of donors, key search engines, and converting ideas into fundable projects or research. After the training, you will understand how to navigate the world of grant procurement, identify the key sections of successful proposals, and demonstrate the excellence and innovation that propels your project or research beyond other submissions. You will also understand the diversity of the funding community and how to respond to various guidelines.
The training addresses the overall strategic plan for writing grants, including: needs statement, mission, goals, objectives, activities, evaluation, key personnel, and budgets. The instructor will engage you in interactive exercises, writing, lectures, and discussions to better understand how to research, write, and develop your specific project.
The curriculum targets:
- Beginners seeking to acquire the techniques to research and draft grant-winning proposals for various funders
- Experienced grant writers looking to polish existing skills and receive updates about funding trends
You will learn how to:
- Comprehend the diversity of the funding community
- Research and identify potential donors
- Create the right fit with the selected funding agency
- Address the guidelines of proposals
- Identify and effectively write the key elements of a proposal
- Integrate each component of the grant into the final product
- Develop focused and realistic budgets
- Package a professional grant submission