The 2020 election is here! Absentee voting is already underway, and Early Voting opens on October 15 throughout North Carolina. To help your nonprofit’s staff, board, and volunteers prepare for the election, the North Carolina Center for Nonprofits is hosting a webinar that will cover:
- A brief synopsis of what nonprofits can (and can't) and should (and shouldn’t) do leading up to the 2020 election, complete with answers to the most common questions nonprofits are asking this year.
- Basic election information that every nonprofit leader – and every North Carolina voter – should know, with tips on how to find your polling places for Early Voting and Election Day, who is on your ballot, and much more.
- An update on the status of policy issues affecting the nonprofit sector and a preview of some important sector-wide issues on the horizon in 2021 and beyond.
- A nonpartisan overview of several important major policy issues affecting North Carolina’s future to help you make sense of discussions in debates, candidate forums, and candidate guides.
Presentations and Other Resources:
Elections and Voting:
- FAQs on 501(c)(3) nonprofits and voting
- Voter lookup (check your registration, polling place, and sample ballot)
- Find your Early Voting site
- Request an absentee ballot (today)
- NC Voter Guide
- NC Justice Center voter guide on criminal justice fines and fees
Children's Policy Issues: