The Society for Human Resources Management has compiled resources for Addressing Fears About Returning to the Workplace by employers handling situations where personnel express concerns about safely returning to the office after an extended period of time working remotely.
- Can an Employer Fire Workers Who Are Scared to Return to the Office? (SHRM, March 2021)
- Individuals Who Refuse Unsafe Work May Be Eligible for Retroactive Unemployment Benefits (SHRM, Febaruary 2021)
- New Unemployment Executive Order Gives Benefits to Workers Who Fear COVID-19 at Work (Ogletree, January 2021)
- Can Employers Force Employees To Return To The Workplace? (Fairfield and Woods, April 2021)
Communicating with employees about a return to the workplace
- How to Talk to Employees About Reopening (Harvard Business Review, May 2021)
- 4 strategies to combat distrust as you return to the workplace (HRExecutive.com, 2021)
- 9 Tips for a Successful Return-to-Work Communications Plan (Risk Management Magazine, June 2021)
For a wealth of further information, reference the Center's COVID-19 Resources page.