Last updated: January 22, 2021
State budget. It is important for state legislators and the Governor to agree on a state budget each year to ensure that there is adequate state support for current needs in communities throughout North Carolina.
- Prompt payment, red tape, and full payment for costs.
- Support polices to ensure that state agencies (a) avoid delays in paying nonprofits that deliver services; and (b) inform them in advance if a payment will be late.
- Support polices that address systemic problems with nonprofit-government contracting, including late contracting, late payments, and underpayment for indirect costs.
- Support full and fair implementation of the OMB Uniform Guidance in state and local contracts.
- Adequate and appropriate state support for public services provided by nonprofits.
- Support continued state investment in the work of nonprofits through appropriations and grants.
- Support enactment of a state budget each year to ensure adequate state support of current community needs.
- Oppose unfunded mandates for nonprofits in the state budget.
- Support transparency in the state budget process, including the process for determining which nonprofits receive state funds.
- Oppose provisions in the state budget or separate legislation that limits’ nonprofits ability to receive government grants or contracts based on factors such as administrative expenses.