Last updated January 22, 2021
State Policy Affecting Contracts with Nonprofits
Prompt payment, red tape, and full payment for costs. Adequate and appropriate state support for public services provided by nonprofits.
State budget. While the Center does not advocate for or against specific appropriations to individual nonprofits, we recognize that many policies in the state budget - and the process of developing the budget - can have sector-wide importance.
Federal Policy Affecting Contracts with Nonprofits
- Prompt payment, red tape, and full payment for costs.
- Support further improvements to the OMB Uniform Guidance.
- Support legislation to simplify grant reporting requirements for nonprofits.
- Adequate and appropriate state support for public services provided by nonprofits.
- Support continued federal investment in nonprofits through appropriations and grants.
- Oppose arbitrary, across-the-board cuts to federal government spending.
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion workplace trainings.
- Support repeal of an executive order that would create barriers for nonprofits with federal grants and contracts to provide workplace trainings on important topics related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, implicit bias, and systemic racism.