About Triangle Literacy Council:The Triangle Literacy Council (TLC) improves the lives of adults, youth, and families by teaching basic literacy and life skills for economic and social success.
POSITION: Case Manager/Job Developer, Henderson
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary purpose of the Case Manager/Job Developer for TLC’s Henderson youth construction program is:
- To assist program participants, young adults ages 16-24, to become employable, productive citizens, working with them to set and achieve individualized development plans for education, leadership, and employment;
- To develop networks in the private and public sectors to develop career-building opportunities for participants;
- To ensure placement of participants in post-secondary education and/or employment;
- To support program participants in dealing with personal, educational, and other issues which present obstacles to their success; and
- To connect with and refer participants to appropriate community organizations for wrap-around services.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct participant intakes and assessments;
- Develop and manage individual participant development plans;
- Connect and coordinate wrap-around services to meet student needs;
- Provide direct student support via regular one-on-one meetings; and
- Provide monthly participant progress updates for Program Manager.
- Help create a resource library of information on education and training programs, internships, and other post-program opportunities for participants;
- Meet with participants at regular intervals to learn their job and career goals or immediate needs;
- Assist TLC Henderson program staff to identify and schedule career-related guest speakers, site visits, job shadow experiences, and informational interviews;
- Plan and facilitate job search skills development opportunities including interviewing, resume preparation, and other skills; and
- Develop strategies for participants’ transition out of the Henderson youth construction program and for post-program job development, training and education opportunities.
- Actively assist program graduates in job/post-secondary education placements; and
- Maintain consistent tracking and follow-up for a minimum of 12 months.
Record Keeping and Data Management:
- Maintain necessary participant data;
- Analyze data, create reports, review and explain trends; and
- Use data to formulate and evaluate alternative solutions and/or recommendations to achieve the goals of the program.
- Represent the organization and the program to the community, funders, volunteers and other external constituencies;
- Participate in outreach activities that may include communications, events, training, conferences, and/or fundraising;
- Regularly travel within Vance County to perform case management, job development and other duties, with occasional travel outside of the county for trainings, conferences and events; and
- Perform any other program, organizational, administrative, ad hoc or occupational duties as deemed necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a 4-year degree in education, social work, or an appropriate discipline (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Program experience in a non-profit setting.
- Case management experience.
- Experience working directly with at-risk young adults and families from diverse backgrounds or marginalized communities.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in youth education, workforce development, and skills training.
- Ability to maintain and build interagency collaborations.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of database management and common computer applications, as well as familiarity with compiling/ developing online learning tools and utilizing web-based resources.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Thank you for your interest in working with the Triangle Literacy Council. In order to be considered for this position, applicants should email their resume and cover letter with “Henderson Case Manager/Job Developer” in the subject line to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted via email for follow-up.
Triangle Literacy Council is an equal opportunity employer.