The Early Childhood Specialist – Family and Health Services (ECS-FH) serves as the content area lead for parent, family and community engagement as well as health and nutrition services for early childhood development birth to 5 and their families. The ECS-FH leads the policy development and strategy development for these designated content areas and guides the implementation across all agency Head Start programs. The ECS-FH monitors service delivery and provides training, technical assistance, and guidance to ensure continuous quality improvement in family, health and nutrition services implementation. The ECS-FH interprets and analyzes data to ensure that services comply with State and federal regulations, and the services are implemented across all Telamon/TRC early childhood and family support programs in the highest quality with consistency and uniformity.
1. Cultivates a culture of child safeguarding across programs, guiding and monitoring the implementation of active supervision and positive guidance techniques to prevent incidences of child maltreatment
2. Serves as the program lead in the areas of parent, family and community engagement and health and nutrition services for early childhood development birth to 5 for center-based and home-based program options.
3. Convenes workgroups and facilitates team decision making to identify issues and develop consistent policies, procedures and best practices for parent, family and community engagement and health and nutrition services across all Telamon/TRC Head Start programs.
4. Research, evaluate and prepare recommendations on parenting curriculum to ensure compliance with Head Start Program Performance Standards and other applicable State and federal regulations and monitor for fidelity in implementation.
5. Participates in program-wide activities that include, but are not limited to, program planning, self-assessment, community assessment, T/TA opportunities, and the development and/or revision of program policies and procedures, preparing funding applications, developing and/or revising policies, procedures, forms and plans.
6. Supports the development of Parent, Family and Community Engagement (PFCE) goals that align with School Readiness Goals and are uniform across all Telamon/TRC Head Start programs. Works with program managers to track progress on goals.
7. Ensures program staff integrate parent family and community engagement and health and nutrition services with education, disability and mental health services. Works in collaboration with Early Childhood Specialist – Education/Disabilities (ECS-E/D)
8. Responsible for the oversight of child data system for parent family and community engagement and health and nutrition services and identifies and troubleshoots to resolve concerns. Assists in the administration of child/family database for assigned service modules and the development of the user manual.
9. Interprets and analyze data and ensures services comply with the Head Start Program Performance Standards and other State and federal regulations, and that those services are implemented across all Telamon/TRC Head Start programs in the highest quality with consistency and uniformity.
10. Monitor effectiveness of operations, program progress and adherence to compliance through observation, data analysis, record reviews, interviews and other methods. Recommends and implements improvements.
11. Monitors parent family and community engagement and health and nutrition services program data – performing trend analysis within and across programs – to ensure consistency of high quality service delivery. Provides regular reports to Head Start Program leadership that capture data from Program Information Report (PIR), family strengths assessment data, and other sources environmental health and safety data.
12. Analyzes proposed legislation, regulations and guidance to determine how services could be impacted. Communicates recommendations to program managers and other interested parties.
13. Analyzes training needs. Facilitates and provides training, coaching and technical assistance to staff in assigned areas. Facilitates and engages in professional development activities to increase qualifications.
14. Other duties as assigned.
This position has no direct supervisory duties but is expected to train or explain work procedures to others.
·Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, HumanServices, Family Services, Counseling or related field is required.
·Master’s degree in Social Work or related field – preferred
·Valid Driver’s license
·Must have knowledge of Head Start Program Performance Standards and Head StartAct.
·Knowledge and experience in the philosophy and practices of Head Start/EarlyHead Start (or comparable child development programs) and early childhoodeducation developmentally appropriate practices.
·Minimum of five years’ experience working with culturally and socioeconomicallydiverse families and children.
· A minimum of three years’ experience managingthe operational activities of a unit or team
·Experience with monitoring and data analysis
·Demonstrated coaching, training and leadership skills
·Experience in managing programs in data-managed or data-sensitive environment
·Ability to work with families from a strength-based approach
·Proficient use of computers and software packages (especially MS Office, ChildPlus, and email) to store data, write reports and conduct research related toearly childhood education.
·Use of web-based conferencing technology like Skype, GoTo Meeting, WebEx, etc.
·Excellent written and communication skills.
This job is a mixture of desk work and standing and walking for long periods of time, while visiting Centers.
· Driving/sitting for prolong periods of time.
· Occasional exposure to adverse weather conditions.
· Occasional exposure to blood, other bodily fluids, and dirt.
· Sitting, walking, stooping, squatting, lifting (up to 30 lbs.), carrying, pushing and climbing.
· Keyboarding and data entry, use of telephone.
· Extensive travel (in-state and out-of-state)
To apply, please visit our website at www.telamon.org and click on: jobs, submit an online application
An equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Visit our website at www.telamon.org and click on: "jobs", submit an online employment application