Mountain to Mountain exists to foster a spirit of community, collaboration, and learning between the people of the island of Dominica, and those of Asheville, NC and all the Carolinas.
Our vision is of one virtual community that supports the efforts of its members to learn and grow in areas related to sustainable methods of living. A braintrust of talented builders, educators, artists, entrepreneurs and others, exploring synergies, sharing knowledge, best practices and skills with those within the Mountain communities of Dominica & WNC.
As a friend of Dominica, Mountain to Mountain establishes a cooperative, collaborative, and mutual beneficial relationship between the people of the island of Dominica, and Western North Carolina. Our objectives are as follows:
- the exchange of knowledge on a variety of subjects between Dominica & Western North Carolina;
- to provide opportunities for individuals from Dominica to visit Western North Carolina;
- to provide opportunities for individuals from Asheville and WNC to visit Dominica;
- to promote cultural, social, educational, and economic exchange and learning between Dominica and WNC;
- to promote sharing of skills between the communities;
- to provide opportunities for mentoring, apprenticeship and instruction in a variety of cultural, social, educational, and economic topics of mutual interest;
- to sponsor, host and or participate in events or activities that promote a collaborative relationship between Dominica and WNC.