Triangle Family Services seeks a full-time Street Outreach Worker to serve as part of our Emergency Housing Team, which provides rapid rehousing and prevention eviction services to individuals and families experiencing, or at-risk of, homelessness.
• Street-based assessment, case management, referral services and emergency survival supplies to individuals at locations where they congregate or frequent
• Work collaboratively with representatives from other agencies within the homeless service system
• Handle various administrative duties related to the job, including timely completion of service transactions, funder reports, and data collection
Desired Experience, Education, Skills and knowledge:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Demonstrated experience working with people experiencing homelessness in one or more community settings
• An understanding of harm-reduction and housing first principles
• Evidence-based strategies to reduce barriers to access to housing and support services (VI-SPDAT training a plus)
• Will possess proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (HMIS training a plus);
• Will be a highly-motivated self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as part of team.
Please submit cover letter with salary requirements along with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Triangle Family Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Commensurate with experience.