Senior Center Director of Programs
The Center Director of Programs and Satellite Sites is responsible for the oversight, planning, implementation and evaluation of all senior center activities and programs at all of the Durham Center for Senior Life Centers, including Senior Center Programs, Volunteer Program, Congregate Meal and Health Promotion.
RESPONSIBILITES SHALL INCLUDE:
• Supervises staff and oversees the planning and implementation of the Senior Center program, Health Promotion program, Volunteer Program, Congregate Meal programs
• Monitors and evaluates all programs to ensure that goals are being achieved
• Plans and maintains a schedule that offers a variety of activities, including exercise, arts, education, games, and socialization
• Manages the MySenior Center participant and activity tracking database
• Recruits collaborating agencies and volunteers to implement and assist with the activities and events
• In collaboration with other staff, organizes, plans and implement social events
• Maintains appropriate records and confidential files.
• Provides regular reports, as requested
• Designs activity and event flyers, and monthly calendars
• Provides articles and information for the agency newsletter and website
• Attends training and stays informed to keep up-to-date on aging issues
• Identifies training opportunities for staff
• Maintains a database to track staff training
• Maintains documentation for certification for a Center of Excellence and ensures that the center maintains the standards to be a Multi-Purpose Senior Center
• Recruits members and facilitates the Council’s Advisory Committee
• Works in collaboration with the Mature Adult Council of Parks and Recreation
• Fills in for Executive Director, when necessary
• Makes recommendations and assists with the recruitment and hiring of appropriate staff
• Supervises the Senior Center Coordinators, Programs/Volunteer Coordinators and Nutrition Coordinators and serves as back-up during absences
• Works with the Executive Director and Associate Director of Development to identify fundable programs, new sources of funding and assists with grantwriting
• Works with the Finance Director to develops an annual income and expenditure budget for the assigned programs
• Monitors expenses and analyzes budget reports and recommends changes, as necessary
• Conducts regular client satisfaction surveys and needs assessments, as appropriate
• Other duties as assigned
The Senior Center Director of Programs reports to the Executive Director.
This position supervises the program staff including: Senior Center Coordinators, Programs/Volunteer Coordinators and Nutrition Coordinators. S/he also provides supervision to interns and students, as appropriate.
The Senior Center Director of Programs must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a Gerontology, Social Work, Public Health or similar course of studies, at least two years demonstrated supervisory experience and at least one year experience working with older adults; Master’s Degree preferred. S/he must have training and experience in program evaluation including setting and evaluating performance measures. S/he must have knowledge of the aging process and the service delivery system. S/he must demonstrate maturity and the ability to manage schedules. S/he must have the ability to listen, conduct assessments, and problem solve. S/he must have the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, and to keep clear documentation. S/he must be able to work collaboratively with other staff. S/he must be highly organized and able to multi-task. S/he must be computer proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. S/he must have a valid North Carolina driver’s license and access to a reliable, insured vehicle.
THIS IS AN EXEMPT POSITION.
SALARY HIRING RANGE: $57,000 TO $62,000
DCSL is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit resume to: