Responsible for managing and implementing the Charlotte, NC area Light The Night walk in support of LLS’ mission, and to achieve and exceed revenue goals for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) within the region and/or chapter's chartered area.
Reports to: Area Director
Supervises: May supervise assigned staff
• Implement organizational best practices with regard to recruiting and managing high level volunteers, revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls and marketing/promotions and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement of revenue goals
• Oversee all aspects of the Charlotte Light The Night Walk.
• Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the fundraising campaign, including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, and timelines.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign, including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign.
• Ensure revenue goals are met by partnering with chapter leadership to identify, recruit, manage and steward volunteer committees and event participants.
• Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of problems.
• Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
• Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, and key donors to engage them in the LLS fundraising campaign(s).
• Manage and act as a resource to Campaign Specialist, and Campaign Assistants relating to their fundraising campaigns and efforts, as well as provide input for hiring, promotion, performance, termination of those supervised.
• Connect with vendors to secure the best rate or donation of services needed for the campaign(s).
• Develop/modify marketing materials (brochures, recruitment, promotional flyers, pledge forms) to promote the fundraising campaign.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 4 years fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, event planning experience
• Previous experience as a Campaign Manager
• Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy & advocacy and research.
• Knowledgeable and experienced in nonprofit and volunteer management, with an emphasis on proven fundraising results.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels.
• Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
• Demonstrated experience in volunteer development and cultivation.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
• Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
• Highly organized and professional.
• Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen.
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
• Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
• May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
• Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
• Required to work evenings or weekends.