AmeriCorps Senior-RSVP Program Manager/Director
AmeriCorps Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) helps older adults 55 and up find fulfilling volunteer opportunities that match their skills and interests. While open to any Triangle area resident, opportunities are focused on working with nonprofits that serve Durham county.
This position is responsible for the daily management of the program, including oversight, administration, planning, development, marketing, and growth including compliance with CNCS guidelines and federal requirements for National Service projects. Developing partnerships with nonprofits while recruiting and mobilizing volunteers are key functions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Recruit and work with older adult volunteers
- Secure community volunteer stations (nonprofits) including recruitment, presentations, etc.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with volunteer stations
- Identify and help secure additional funding resources for the program
- Make periodic site visits to the volunteer stations to ensure compliance
- Conduct new volunteer orientation and volunteer placements at nonprofit volunteer stations
- Prepare and submit scheduled reports to funding agencies
- Manage program budget, track spending and order supplies as needed
- Develop and coordinate Advisory Council
- Attend/participate in community volunteer events
- Successfully complete all CNCS AmeriCorps Seniors training (eCourses)
- Supervise program assistant and volunteers
- Volunteer administration (background checks, mileage tracking and reimbursements)
- Organize and provide volunteer recognition
- Attend community engagement conferences and meetings
- Oversee program marketing (website, social media, email outreach)
- Other duties as assigned by Special Program Director & Executive Director
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and organizational abilities-attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Marketing/communication (written/oral communication including social media/email/website)
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, as well as being flexible and team oriented
- Strong computer experience using Microsoft Office, email
- Understand organizational mission, goals, and objectives as well as having a commitment to community engagement and social justice issues
Position includes occasional evening and weekend hours. Applicant must be able to pass a background check and must have a valid North Carolina Driver’s License.
Interested applicants should send their cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com. Along with your submission include three (3) professional references which include the names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of the references. No phone calls, please.
TNVLC actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
TNVLC strongly believes vaccination is our best defense against COVID-19 and a mandatory vaccination policy is in place for all permanent staff (accommodations are made for exemptions based on legally mandated reasons).
Salary is BOE (within range). Benefits: medical, retirement, generous leave including (paid sick, vacation, holidays) AND working with a great nonprofit!