The USO of North Carolina, Inc., a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to strengthen America’s service members and their families by connecting them to family, home and country, is accepting applications for the position of Sandhills Area (Fort Bragg) Assistant Director.
The position is exempt, full time. Working conditions are normal office/military base environment with frequent exposure to offsite or outdoor events and activities. Light work. Up to 20% travel (local).
• Ability to manage time and resources effectively, to use time and resources productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals in a team environment
• This position carries FLSA status of exempt, full time. Normal hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 4:30PM with occasional work on weekends, holidays and other times as needed
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to understand and communicate with individuals in the United States Armed Forces and their families
• Excellent written, oral, and public speaking skills with ability to interact well with the public and clearly articulate the USO of NC mission
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher as well as Google Docs
• Exceptional work ethic, experience in a professional setting, with high level of exposure in an environment requiring confidentiality
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, accountable, flexible, and self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks and remain calm in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Must possess good judgment and be able to work independently and as a team member while keeping supervisor informed
• Must be high energy, possess a can-do spirit and be service and mission oriented
• Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds
• Ability to access DoD installations with proper ID, and obtain US Department of Homeland Security clearance needed for the Fayetteville Travel Center
• Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation is required
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Assist the Director in ensuring that all center-based and outreach programs and services supplement and enhance the overall mission of military commands in the USO of NC Sandhills geographic service area (GSA), including but not limited to mobile center events, No Dough Dinners, United Through Reading, support of warrior and family support and field operations programs and events, community events and military unit functions.
• In coordination with the Director and USO of NC Development staff procure financial and in-kind resources by executing professional donor cultivation, management, and stewardship of business and individual donors within GSA; maintaining and enhancing current donor relationships and creating new relationships.
• Assist with recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers to support the daily delivery of programs and services.
• Build and maintain relationships with USO of NC Warrior and Family Programs, and Field Operations directors to bring best in class programming and special events to service members and families.
• Assist the Director with the submission and oversight of center budget, research and preparation of grant proposals, maintenance of funding records, preparation of partner stewardship reports and raising budgeted revenue to meet or exceed center goals while controlling budgeted expenses.
• Assist the Director in completion and timely submission of monthly and quarterly reports, bank deposits, after action reports on each program, and maintain digital photo files of events and other reporting as required.
• Assist the Director with ongoing, consistent communication, marketing activities and surveying of the Fort Bragg area population to ensure our programs and services are mission-based, relevant and improve the quality of life of military personnel.
• Manage the planning, development, and implementation of military and community-focused activities, programs and events including fundraisers, family programs, special events, holiday programs, etc.
• Represent the interests of service members & their families to the public through speaking engagements, community events, volunteer fairs, etc.
• Ensure that all USO of North Carolina services, policies and procedures are followed.
• Manage social media for center.
• Manage the procurement of daily, weekly and monthly supply orders and donation requests.
• Assist the Director with maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness, security and safety for all facilities and assets (storage facilities, inventory, vehicles, etc.) in the USO of NC Sandhills Area of responsibility.
• Maintain secure, up-to-date and organized records.
• Keep up to date on Armed Forces information from the Department of Defense & USO Arlington.
• Manage and continue the development of the intern program within the USO of NC, Sandhills.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, associates or bachelor’s degree highly desired
• 3 years of program management experience highly desired
• 3 years of familiarity with the military community highly desired; prior experience in non-profits a plus
• Experience soliciting in-kind contributions in support of program activities
• Experience in grant research and writing
• Experience coordinating, training and supervising volunteers highly desired
• $38,000.00 to $40,0000.00 salary annually dependent upon qualifications and experience.
• Health Benefits, Vision Care, Dental, Short & Long Term Disability
Send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: All applicants must have their cover letter and resume submitted by January 26th, 2018. Only emailed applications will be considered. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
$38,000 to $40,000 dependent upon qualifications and experience.