Position: Residential Safety
Program: Hotel to Home Program
Supervisor: Housing Program Manager
Schedule: Nights and weekend shifts (subject to change)
Reinvestment Partners' mission is to foster healthy and just communities by empowering people, improving places, and influencing policy. We address the problems of poverty and social injustice in the areas of food, housing, community development, health, and financial services.
A short term, bridge housing model that serves people experiencing homeless who are medically fragile while they secure permanent housing.
● Engage with residents and provide support during night and weekend hours
● Report notes and data in timely, confidential manner
● Perform periodic rounds to ensure resident safety
● Ensure residents are meeting program agreements
● Operate from the following philosophies: person-centered approach, trauma-informed care, harm-reduction, patient empowerment, and motivational interviewing
● Uphold professional boundaries and program confidentiality standards
● Provide conflict mediation and de-escalation when necessary
● Attend meetings/training as necessary with Program staff and partner agency staff
● Communicate effectively in oral and written forms with clients, their families, their significant others, coworkers, supervisors, other service agencies and the community
● Operate proficiently a personal computer, fax machine, printer, and copier
● Bachelor's degree in social work, human services, sociology, or related field or equivalent experience
● Prior experience working with people experiencing homelessness required
Reinvestment Partners values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Reinvestment Partner is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via our Employment Application Form: