ABOUT THE NORTH CAROLINA HEALTHCARE ASSOCIATION AND FOUNDATION
The North Carolina Healthcare Association (NCHA) is a statewide trade association representing more than 130 hospitals providing acute care, ambulatory care, sub-acute care, rehabilitative, home health and hospice services, behavioral health services, state psychiatric inpatient services and veterans’ services. The association promotes and supports its members and associated partners by advocating for sound public policy, advancing collaborative partnerships, and accelerating innovation to improve the health of the communities where we live and work. NCHA achieves this work by leverage the scope and scale associated with a $18+ million-dollar organization, which is funded by members’ dues, grants, and shared services.
The North Carolina Healthcare Foundation (NCHF) is the 501(c)(3) affiliate of NCHA. NCHF supports the Association’s work in quality improvement, patient safety, behavioral health, and rural health care.
Working as part of cross-functional team, the Project Manager establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet stakeholder expectations. The Project Manager is responsible for maintaining a deep knowledge of core programs across the Foundation and building meaningful relationships with program recipients, funding partners and other key stakeholders. Reporting to the Senior Director, Program Implementation, this position will operate under the direction of assigned project leads.
The initial priority for this role will be to support AccessHealth and Healthy People, Healthy Carolinas, programs focused on improving access to better health through community-based networks of care and cross-sector coalitions addressing chronic health issues through local policy change. This position is grant funded and will be reviewed periodically based on funding availability.
Project Planning & Management
• Provide day-to-day project management support, direction, and administration across the project lifecycle.
• Responsible for developing and overseeing project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
• Proactively identify needs and communicate project progress and risks to internal and external stakeholders, including upcoming deadlines and interdependent deliverables.
• Assist in the development of project budgets and collaborate with Operations staff on budget reconciliation and analysis to help guide project planning and strategy.
• Coordinate internal and external resources to ensure that projects adhere to scope, schedule, and budget.
• Serve as a principal liaison with program participants on project communications, timelines, logistical needs, and to triage technical assistance support.
• Coordinate and ensure timely tracking and reporting of all required project data to support implementation goals and evaluation strategy.
• Advise program leads on scope, schedule, and budget adjustments through ongoing project monitoring and analysis.
• Support the timely creation and delivery of program-related content through NCHF and NCHA’s communications channel including, print, digital, social media, and earned media as appropriate.
Project Coordination & Logistics
• Support program leads in the planning and delivery of meaningful in-person and/or virtual meetings.
• Help ensure meetings materials are prepared and adhere to brand standards including all PowerPoint presentations, agendas, and other audio/visual needs.
• Ensure all digital content is up to date, secure, and accessible by appropriate audiences; maintain permissions on all program related content.
• Coordinate internal project related huddles to ensure adherence to the project work plan, boost project efficiency, and maximize deliverables output.
• Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
• Embrace the NCHA mission to improve the health of the communities where we live and work by advocating for sound public policy and collaborative partnerships.
• Support the vision for A North Carolina where high-quality healthcare is equitable and accessible for all.
• Demonstrate the association’s core values in all relationships, at all times. Respect. Integrity. Teamwork. Accountability. Perseverance.
• Collaborates with program leads and managers, evaluation and data team members, communication team members, internal subject matter experts, and other NCHA, SCHA, and TDE staff on the development and implementation of NCHF initiatives
• Coordinates work with support staff as needed on project logistics
• Develops and maintains good working relationships with involved community organizations and leaders, health systems, healthcare providers, local community technical assistance providers, and funding partners
• Maintains communication and coordinates project deliverables with external partners
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field required
• Minimum two (2) years direct experience required in project or grant management role, preferably in a healthcare, public health, or non-profit setting
• PMP or equivalent certification preferred
• Experience in meetings management and logistics
• Experience with database and website management, as well as project management software
• An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task across multiple projects
• Proactive; ability to anticipate needs
• Critical thinker with strong situational awareness and problem solving abilities
• Proven success working with diverse teams across all levels of management
• Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills; detail-oriented
• Effective meeting facilitation
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to clearly communicate needs
• Knowledge of program development, execution and evaluation methodologies
• Advanced knowledge and proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, WordPress and MS Word
• Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Work performed mostly in an office or home office environment. Position can be based anywhere in North Carolina.
• Use a computer throughout the workday.
• Some travel throughout North Carolina including periodic meetings held at NCHA headquarters in Raleigh, NC, and occasional meetings in Charlotte, NC at The Duke Endowment
North Carolina Healthcare Association is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org