POSITION SUMMARY: Junior Achievement of the Triad is seeking a Programs Coordinator to implement Junior Achievement elementary, middle and high school programs. The Programs Coordinator recruits and trains classroom volunteers, assures program quality and expansion, pursues funding opportunities, maintains strong school district relations and increases public awareness of Junior Achievement programs. Junior Achievement of the Triad serves a six county area: Alamance, Forsyth, Guilford, Randolph, Rockingham and Montgomery. Over the last 24 months Junior Achievement of the Triad has increased its student reach by 98% taking the number of students served annually from approximately 8,000 to over 16,200. The organization operates across 118 schools in the Triad and can do so because the dedicated pool of volunteers has increased by 31.5%. The organization achieved the growth in students served while only increasing expenses by 32%. During this same period of time, annual revenue has increased by 50% and the organization’s staff size has increased by three full time equivalents. For the last three years, Junior Achievement of the Triad has ranked in the top four Junior Achievement offices out of 109 offices across the nation. Junior Achievement of the Triad has also achieved 4 Star status annually for this last three years. This status recognizes staff and boards of Junior Achievement offices that meet JA USA’s operational standards for compliance, student impact, operational efficiency, financial stability and sustainability.
1. In collaboration with school districts develops strategic implementation plans for all Junior Achievement programs.
2. In collaboration with Development Team, creates and implements effective strategies to recruit new volunteers to grow student reach.
3. Annually renews commitments of currently participating businesses and schools to continue relationship with Junior Achievement.
4. Assures program quality through quantitative and qualitative methods including phone calls to educators and volunteers, classroom monitoring, and program evaluation. Continually provides feedback, materials and resources to volunteers and teachers. Ensures accuracy of information in program database.
5. Develops and implements volunteer training programs, i.e., securing location of training, developing training materials, scheduling volunteers, ordering program materials, distributing registration and evaluation forms.
6. Responsible for programmatic databases and reporting to Junior Achievement USA on an annual basis.
7. In collaboration with Director of Stewardship and Marketing, develops communications for volunteer and teacher constituent bases and implements methods of volunteer recognition to include social media, appreciation events, appreciation mailing materials.
8. Increase public awareness of Junior Achievement programs through community presentations.
1. Enthusiasm for the Junior Achievement mission and true commitment to helping students realize their potential.
2. Experience in business, education, communication or related field.
3. Experience in project management.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
5. Ability to provide own transportation as local travel is required.
6. Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
7. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
8. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
9. Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter and three references with position in subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.