Founded in 1982, the Foundation for Health Leadership & Innovation (FHLI) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization from which programs and partnerships grow to achieve our mission of improving the health of the whole person and whole community. FHLI is a trusted convener and facilitator, creating an open environment for developing collaborative relationships and advancing new ideas and strategies. Through our programs and partnerships, we build leadership, shape practice, affect policy, and drive innovation. The North Carolina Oral Health Collaborative (NCOHC) is rooted in the Foundation for Health Leadership & Innovation’s (FHLI) mission to advance affordable and sustainable quality health services to improve the overall health of communities in North Carolina and beyond. The NCOHC is a program of FHLI that convenes diverse stakeholders to identify and resolve consumer-level and systemic barriers to optimal oral health, and to accelerate implementation of policies and practices that reduce oral health disparities and promote improved oral health outcomes for all North Carolinians.
About the position:
The North Carolina Oral Health Collaborative (NCOHC) Program Coordinator is a salaried position reporting to the Director of the NCOHC. The person in this position will assist the Director in the design, development, and management of NCOHC initiatives and events promoting oral health access and equity in North Carolina.
Working closely with the Director of the NCOHC, the Program Coordinator helps plan and coordinate execution of the NCOHC’s initiatives and events. The Program Coordinator is responsible for project management, ensuring that NCOHC initiatives and events run efficiently (on schedule and on budget) and achieve established goals. The person in this role will serve as the primary point-of-contact for NCOHC partners and the general public, connecting them with appropriate information and resources. Event planning is also a primary responsibility, including coordination of vendors, event setup and take-down. In addition to assisting the Director, the Program Coordinator also works closely with the NCOHC Communications Content Marketing Specialist to ensure accurate and timely communications concerning NCOHC initiatives and events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists the Director of the NCOHC in the design, development, and management of NCOHC initiatives and events.
• Serves as an assistant project manager for NCOHC initiatives and events.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for all NCOHC partners and the general public, connecting them with appropriate information and resources.
• Serves as liaison to the Director in representing NCOHC at public events.
• Plans and coordinates NCOHC events from start to finish, including site selection, vendor relationships, event setup and take-down.
• Ensures effective program and event communications, coordinating with the NCOHC Content Marketing Specialist, as needed.
• Schedules and organizes meetings / events, maintains agendas, and records meeting minutes.
• Assists the Director of the NCOHC in managing initiative and event budgets.
• Maintains the Director’s calendar, scheduling meetings and events as appropriate.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
• Strong communications skills, including written and verbal communication
• Excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
• A commitment to diversity and respect for people of all backgrounds and experiences
• Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting
• An entrepreneurial approach, emphasizing efficiency and creative problem-solving
• The ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and prioritize competing demands in a fast-changing environment
• A commitment to producing consistently accurate and high-quality work, even under pressure and deadlines
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
• A commitment to continuous learning, self-improvement, and professional development
• Spanish fluency or familiarity is a plus, but is not required
• Bachelor’s degree in business, nonprofit management, public health or related field
o 5+ years’ experience in related field may qualify candidate in lieu of specified degrees listed above.
• Occasional travel is required (<10%)
NCOHC (FHLI) staff are working 100% remotely during the pandemic. Post-pandemic, we anticipate that the Program Coordinator will be needed primarily in our office in Cary, NC.
The position is open for immediate hire.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resumé, and 3 professional references to be considered. Please send all requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Application NCOHC Program Coordinator”.
FHLI will only review submissions that include all requested materials. Please be assured that FHLI will not contact references without applicant’s explicit permission. Submissions will be accepted until position is filled. No phone calls please
This position is a grant funded, full-time position, (40 hours/week) with full company benefits.
Company benefits include paid health, dental, long-term disability & life insurance coverage, as well as company paid retirement contributions.
We actively encourage diverse candidates to apply. FHLI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, genetic information, or veteran status.