The International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) is a global not-for-profit membership organization advancing the understanding, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of thrombotic and bleeding disorders. The Society is dedicated to transformative scientific discoveries and clinical practices, the development of young professionals and the education of physicians, scientists and allied health professionals wherever they may live. At the ISTH, we initiate and promote education and outreach initiatives, research activities, scientific meetings, peer-reviewed publications, expert committees and the development of standards allowing a common language and approach to basic and clinical science all over the world. Our organization is based in Carrboro, North Carolina, near the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill campus.
The ISTH Program Coordinator works in the Education Department. The Coordinator is responsible for the administrative support of the Scientific and Standardization Committee (SSC) and as well as the ISTH Education and Guidelines Committees. The SSC is the scientific working arm of the society, comprised of 20 subcommittees, and with a board of its own. The coordinator will work independently within defined schedules to accomplish a variety of complex and routine administrative activities in order to move key education and committee initiatives forward.
The ISTH Program Coordinator is a new role to our Education division and predominately entry level in nature of work. The successful candidate will have solid project management, communication, organizational, and administrative skills. This talented professional will possess strong attention to detail and be highly responsive to Society members and their needs, helping to support and usher the committee work. In addition, the candidate has the ability to build productive working relationships within ISTH staff as well as ISTH leadership, members, and partners.
• Provide the day-to-day administrative support to the work of the ISTH Scientific and Standardization Committee (SSC) and its Subcommittees by supporting the programs and acivities of each committee as needed through correspondence, scheduling, and providing information.
• Support the ongoing projects of the SSC Executive Committee and Subcommittees, coordinating annual meetings, maintaining the website as well as drafting weekly, monthly and yearly correspondence as needed.
• Support the SSC registry projects housed on the ISTH REDCap server. This will require basic knowledge of online form setup and maintenance.
• Coordinate the SSC Subcommittees yearly change-over in leadership as well as track ongoing projects, official manuscripts, and funding requests.
• Support the ongoing work and respective projects and initiatives of the Guidelines and Guidance Committees by coordinating conference calls, annual meetings and reports.
• Provide support to the management of the ISTH Education Committee by supporting the programs and activities as needed through correspondence, scheduling, keeping minutes, creating reports, and providing information.
• Provide support to the Education Committee outreach program through correspondence with the liaisons for supported educational courses and the Reach the World Fellowship program.
• Provide support to the electronic learning activities of the Society, including maintenance of the ISTH Academy.
• Provide support to other Committees and/or ad hoc special projects as they arise, as designated by the Director or Program Manager.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge Required:
• Appreciates and can embody ISTH’s internal core values of fun and recognition, collaboration, trust, communication, respect, and progress
• Strong administrative and organizational skills; keen attention to detail
• Accuracy and attention to detail especially in oral and written communications
• Accountability; takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions
• Self-motivated, well-organized, and ability to self-initiate tasks
• Ability to work collaboratively and collegially with co-workers, volunteer leadership, vendors and partners
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, project management software (such as GANNT, Basecamp, or the equivalent), databases
• Basic HTML programming experience is preferred
• Experience with Association Management Software and Content Management Systems is a plus
• Ability to operate with minimal direction or oversight; independently prioritize, organize and manage tasks and projects from inception to successful completion while carefully monitoring time and resources
• Ability to acquire knowledge of and be able to contribute to Society and Committee activities, as well as work with volunteers to ensure that programs stay on track and goals are met
• Familiarity with and ability to apply ISTH rules and procedures
• Professional-level commitment, including some evenings and weekends consistent with timing of international meetings; ability to travel domestically and internationally one to three times per year
• Ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Desire to learn and contribute
• Strong multicultural sensitivity
• Bi- or multi-linguality is a significant plus
• Associate’s degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a similar role and track record in project or program management, ideally in a scientific/medical association or society and international environment
Full-time non-exempt position (40 hours/week)
This position is primarily sedentary in the Carrboro, North Carolina office and may require some bending and lifting.
ISTH offers competitive salaries based on the experience and skills of employees. Additionally, ISTH provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 403b match, ancillary benefits, access to Flexible Spending Accounts, and generous leave benefits.
Please send your resume and cover letter in attachment form to email@example.com with the subject line, “ISTH Program Coordinator” Only competitive candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the selection process. No phone calls please. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Commensurate with experience.