Enjoy working with kids? Want to spark imagination, discovery and learning through PLAY? Marbles Kids Museum is hiring playful and creative Play Leads to provide programs and activities that enliven our exhibits and align with our five Core Play Initiatives -- Ready Set Learn, Connect, Create Innovate, Explore Experiment and Be Healthy Be Active.
Marbles Kids Museum believes in the Power of Play to nurture children, strengthen families and enrich our community. We know that play is how children learn best and that through play, children discover who they are, how to solve problems, express feelings and share ideas. Play experiences at Marbles help build a solid foundation for academic success and contribute to physical development and emotional well-being. At Marbles, We Play.
As Play Lead you will engage children and their families in imaginative and creative play within our exhibits and across campus. Your assignments will range from bringing learning to life in a funny field trip skit, to inventing new ways to play in exhibits, to developing crafts and experiments for camps and events. You will have the opportunity to help coach fellow team members and volunteers to engage in impactful play with guests; and you will enjoy working collaboratively across departments to support operational excellence and sustained organizational growth.
Experience & Skill Qualifications
· Associates or Bachelor’s degree
· At least four years’ experience engaging children in play-based learning in a museum, school, parks and rec or similar environment.
· At least two years’ experience developing play activities and programs for children
· Bilingual (English and Spanish), with fluent speaking and writing skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work flow
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with teammates, community partners and museum guests
· Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Outgoing and enthusiastic and actively friendly personality
· Entrepreneurial spirit, with a willingness to take risks and try new ideas while motivating others to do the same
· Collaborative and creative, with contagious enthusiasm for working with the public
· Respectful and approachable, with high standards for confidentiality and personal integrity
· Playfully professional, with a preference for a fast-paced, high-energy work environment
· Flexible and fun, with an enjoyment of creative problem-solving
· Genuine interest in advancing the mission of Marbles Kids Museum
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Diane Wardenfelt, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Marbles Kids Museum is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all to apply. Marbles Kids Museum participates in E-Verify.