The Charlotte Symphony is seeking a dynamic, experienced development professional to lead its planned giving initiative. Working in partnership with the symphony's development team and a dedicated committee of board-level volunteers, the PGO will engage Symphony supporters in its Encore Society, recognizing patrons who made made a provision for the CSO in their will or estate plans.
Researches, organizes and directs efforts to assist donors in making long-range financial plans for the benefit of the Charlotte Symphony.
1. Proactively identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards planned giving prospects and donors.
2. Develops and executes detailed planned giving marketing plan.
3. Regularly meets with planned giving committee, working in partnership with them to build membership in the CSO’s legacy society.
4. Oversees and maintains appropriate office procedures for planned giving efforts.
5. Establishes and maintains contact with lawyers, CPAs, trust officers, insurance underwriters and other professional advisors regarding planned giving.
6. Develops and utilizes a donor prospect file and keeps this file current.
7. Plans and executes legacy society stewardship event(s)
1. Participates in staff training and development activities as directed.
2. Performs other duties as required.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Minimum seven years’ experience in multi-program fundraising environment.
3. Experience in successfully managing and marketing a gift planning program.
4. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to collaborate and interface with a diverse group of people.
Email a thoughtful cover letter outlining your desire and qualifications for this position; salary history and requirements; and resume to email@example.com using the subject line “Planned Giving Officer”.
No telephone calls / No agency resumes accepted. EOE M/F/V/D