Interim Executive Director (Part-Time Consultant) - NC PACE Association
The North Carolina PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) Association was organized to provide advocacy, outreach, communication, training and education services for North Carolina based PACE programs (www.npaonline.org) and other developing organizations interested in providing PACE services in North Carolina.
The ideal candidate will utilize leadership and communication skills to work collaboratively within a small non-profit organization and develop/maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders at the regional, state and national level. As Interim Executive Director of the PACE Association, key responsibilities will be working with the Chair and Board of Directors to address a few critical transitional items:
1. Develop and maintain multiple key stakeholder relationships through steadfast diplomacy, social intelligence, and political acumen.
2. Serve as the primary liaison in communicating with the State (particularly the Department of Health and Human Services’ Division of Aging and Adult Services and the Division of Health Benefits), public, legislative liaison, other relevant trade groups, and the Association’s membership.
3. Create strategic direction of the association
a. Facilitate a strategic planning process with the Board of Directors, evaluating various possible road maps for the association’s transformation.
b. Take a neutral and un-bias approach in facilitating strategic discussions on most efficient operating structures and potential association alliances
c. Through an understanding of the environmental landscape, identify innovative approaches to ensure PACE’s continued growth, expansion, and viability amidst Medicaid Managed Care.
• Master’s degree (MBA or MHA) is preferred.
• Minimum ten years’ experience in a healthcare or trade association setting.
• PACE experience preferred.
• Contextual knowledge of the regulatory, legislative, and healthcare landscape, as well as reimbursement models.
• Demonstrated leadership in strategic planning, partner/client engagement, business development, and organizational designs essential.
• Diplomacy; politically savvy and socially intelligent
• Provide general management of the association
Part time: The position of Interim Executive Director of the Association is a substantial part-time consulting position; there will be specific discussions with the potential successful candidate on the estimated hours and time commitment.
Location: May work from remote home office or from office in Cary. NC. . The individual would need to be present for board meetings at various PACE sites throughout North Carolina and occasional state meetings in Raleigh NC.
Compensation: Negotiable. This is a 1099 position.
Application deadline: 6/14/2019
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 14th.
This is a 1099 consultant position so will not offer benefits.