The Operations Assistant provides administrative and database maintenance and support for the Lung Cancer Initiative. As the first point of contact for the organization, the Operations Assistant will play a key role in communications with constituents and maintain continuity of important office operations and systems. The position provides administrative support and maintains operational needs for staff. The position is 20 hours per week during regular business hours of 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. with occasional nights and weekends.
• Maintain donor and volunteer database; generate reports, mailings and data searches; perform day-to-day data updates; maintain the data in an accurate, organized, and consistent format
• Distribute educational information to volunteers and advocates as requested
• Coordinate with the Executive Director and Manager of Development on timely donor acknowledgements and other contributor correspondence
• Assist Director of Finance in reconciling monthly donation reports
• Assist committees in communicating with potential new volunteers and/or committee members
• Perform general administrative duties, including answering the phone, answering general LCI e-mails, maintaining office supplies, maintaining the printer, visiting the post office, processing mail
• Provide general support and assistance to LCI staff
• Provide support for LCI's annual financial review or audit
• Provide financial support by opening checks, maintaining mail accounting records, and implementing financial procedures
• Provide support (e.g. communications and follow-up with volunteers) to LCI staff and event committee chairs for the coordination of outreach and fundraising events
• Attend 3-4 events and/or programs per year in a staff support role
• Reports to the Executive Director
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong computer experience: MS Word and Excel, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT (or similar database management experience), PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with LCI’s many constituents including volunteers, advocates, physicians, donors and board members
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Ability to maintain accurate financial records and follow financial procedures
• Ability to create helpful office systems and assist in developing organizational policies and procedures
• An awareness and high-level of professionalism regarding sensitive and confidential information
• Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
• Ability to work both independently and as a part of the LCI team. Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with the public. An attitude of service is critical to this position.
• 2 year degree or 2 years of professional experience in an office setting
• Willingness to work infrequent nights and weekends
• A valid driver's license and willingness to use personal vehicle (with mileage reimbursement)
• Part-time: 20 hours/week
• Office hours: 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
• Occasional evenings and weekends required
• Some travel throughout North Carolina required
Apply now by emailing your cover letter and resume to Paige Humble, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org