General Summary: The office manager position is responsible for the overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, and large purchasing requests for the maximum utilization of services and equipment. Also responsible for developing and supervising administrative staff. This position is a critical component for the agency’s internal controls and confidential communications.
Demonstrates the following core values: relentless pursuit of results, respect and humility, personal responsibility, positive outlook, problem solving, communication, organization, and effective internal and external relationships.
Essential Functions (with or without accommodations):
• Ability to keyboard
• Ability to operate office equipment
• Ability to communicate effectively with callers (including the ability to obtain factual information and provide responsive information)
• Ability to interact with people with disabilities
• Ability to communicate and engage appropriately with others, both internally and externally
• Ability to work collaboratively, collegially, and cooperatively across teams, units, and departments
• Ability to manage and supervise
• Supervises and coaches administrative staff
• Manages and coordinates scheduling and variable work-flow/assignments to ensure timely completion
• Serves as an internal control, including reviewing monthly bank statement as required by our fiscal policies
• Manages and ensures maximum utilization of office equipment, including the phone system, copiers, fax machines, etc.
• Trains new employees on telephone system and office equipment
• Manages and ensures adequate inventory of office supplies
• Maintains property and equipment
• Maintains organization of the workroom and office overall
• Negotiates the purchase of office supplies, furniture, and office equipment in accordance with agency purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions
• Verifies receipt of and approves invoices for payment of supplies, equipment, etc.
• Coordinates agency meetings and arranges materials, equipment, refreshments, etc.
• Responsible for making hotel reservations, purchasing airline tickets, etc. for staff, PAIMI Advisory Council and Board of Directors
• Serves as logistical point of contact for members of the PAIMI Advisory Council
• Manages internal office moves
• Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming correspondence, including faxes and email, as needed
• Serves as a back-up receptionist
• Serves as IT help-desk backup to CFO, as needed
• Performs other duties, as requested
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Associate’s degree required (Bachelor’s degree, preferred)
• Minimum of five (5) years of office management experience, preferred
• Experience using Office 365
• Supervisory experience
• Strong working knowledge of office equipment
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Ability to effectively negotiate
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Disability Rights North Carolina is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Raleigh. Its team of attorneys, advocates, paralegals and support staff provide advocacy and legal services at no charge for people with disabilities across North Carolina.
As the state’s federally mandated protection and advocacy system, Disability Rights North Carolina is charged with protecting the rights of children and adults with disabilities living in North Carolina.
Disability Rights NC is an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Send a detailed letter of interest explaining your qualifications and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Open until filled.