This is a part-time position for a Board Certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) who is licensed in North Carolina. The qualified candidate will work in our outpatient clinics in Chapel Hill and Roxboro. Two years experience in serving high-risk and special populations with mental health and substance disorders and prior experience with children and adolescents is required. Some services may be provided via tele-psych.
1. Performs health screenings and physical exams within prescribed guidelines and instructions of a physician.
2. Provide screening, interviews and evaluations in a professional and engaging manner, including the required information, organizing it for key personnel to suggest level of care for each client assigned, and clearly presenting the information to the psychiatrist and treatment team. Order, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess clients’ clinical problems and health care needs. Complete the required written documentation within one hour of admission into detox/crisis program.
3. Discusses client care with psychiatrist and other health professionals to determine the appropriate care plan for the client.
4. Provide medical care in a professional, compassionate and effective manner that is in keeping with established nursing standards.
5. Prescribe medications in a manner that is compliant with program policy, nursing standards and federal guidelines.
6. Formulating nursing models/protocols to aid in the holistic care of clients.
7. Maintain the security and appropriate storage of all medication in areas and that all supplies are accounted for.
8. Inspect/oversee integrity of medical area ensuring that it is clean and well-stocked on a daily basis.
9. Provide treatment planning by preparing the initial diagnosis; describing strengths, preferences and needs; and identifying treatment goals and strategies for each client assigned. Complete and document the treatment/service plan upon the client’s entrance into service.
10. Monitor and document client medications from prescribing physicians both internal and external to the organization.
11. Ensure appropriate documentation of all clients
12. Prepare, monitor, administer and dispense medications according to physician orders and ensure that each client receives the proper dosage as prescribed.
13. Assist with HIV education.
14. Provide crisis intervention and referrals in a manner that is prompt, effective and professional.
15. Establish a therapeutic rapport and provide professional and effective counseling for clients.
16. Effectively coordinate management of the program’s medical component with Program Director, Clinical Supervisor, Medical Director and Administration.
17. Attend in-services, staff meetings, and other staff functions as required by Supervisor.
18. Pursues staff development opportunities to maintain privileging and credentialing requirements, expand skills, and keep license current.
19. Maintain a schedule approved by Supervisor.
For information, please call 919-942-2803 ext. 208; or email resume/CV to Ivy Williams, Director, Human Resources at Ivy.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of Nurse Practitioner.
Depends upon experience