Description: The NCSHP Internship is a grant-based position for a 6-month period, with possibility for an extension. NCSHP is seeking a motivated individual with interests in the non-profit sector, Hispanic education programs, communications/social media, writing and design to support in the implementation of Membership Campaign and Community Outreach in STEM Education Project.
Who you are:
• Mission-Aligned: You are passionate about making an impact by providing access to educational opportunities for Hispanic youth and resources for the community.
• Detail Oriented: You have strong organizational skills and are meticulous in your attention to detail.
• Confident and Innovative: You bring fresh, new ideas and are comfortable contributing meaningful insights and opinions.
• Hands-On: You are willing to take on any task that is needed!
• Tech Savvy: You are forward thinking and fast paced, with a strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media websites. You do not shy away from learning a new program or software!
• Creative: You pursue new methods and approaches to communicating an idea and you think outside the box. You have a positive attitude to learning and love creating.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide administrative support to NCSHP Director and support the implementation of NCSHP Educational Programs and events. Go to www.thencshp.org for reference.
• Assist in Event Planning and Execution;
• Responsible for the maintenance, implementation and cultivation of the NCSHP communication / marketing activities and goals, under the supervision of NCSHP Director;
• Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications;
• Create / Manage Mass Mailing Campaigns (Membership, Fundraising, STEM Education);
• Manage Social Media Marketing Campaigns on NCSHP Social Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) and implement online outreach / social media presence strategies;
• Design flyers, graphics, evites, and other marketing material for Membership / Fundraising Campaigns and TuPortalSTEM Project.
• Collaborate in the operation NCSHP Educational and TuPortalSTEM Hotline;
• Website updates and maintenance;
• Marketing of Educational Programs;
• Collaborate in the creation of NCSHP Quarterly e-Newsletter; and
• Representation at NCSHP booth at community events and NCSHP events.
Professional Qualifications and Candidate Profile:
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Graphic Design, Marketing, or Business; junior or senior level student is preferred;
• Must be comfortable using Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher), Canva, IContact, and major social media platforms;
• Ability to be a team player in a small staff environment.
• Detail-oriented and organized with strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to conduct basic research;
• Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills;
• A commitment to professional ethics and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information;
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, work individually and in a team environment; and
• Punctuality and dependability.
• Bilingual in Spanish and English (verbal and/or written).
• At least one year of previous administrative experience; membership associations or nonprofit experience.
The North Carolina Society of Hispanic Professionals (NCSHP) is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit statewide organization whose mission is to promote education among Hispanic youth in North Carolina. NCSHP concentrates on the educational needs of Hispanic students. The intent of NCSHP is to develop and secure educational opportunities to improve Hispanic youth’s success and school performance. The main area of coverage of NCSHP’s activities is the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill). NCSHP’s office is located in Cary, NC. The NCSHP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting a broadly diverse pool of qualified candidates for the position.
Application Procedure: To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume in one PDF file using the following naming convention: “Your Last Name-Your First Name_NCSHP Intern2018”, via email only to:
Neyra Toledo, NCSHP Director
Application Submittal Deadline: Friday, February 09, 2018.
IMPORTANT: Interviews will be conducted February 13 and 14, candidates must have availability to attend an in-person interview on those days. Internship is expected to begin February 21, 2018.
For additional information or questions, please call (919) 467-8424.
NCSHP website: www.thencshp.org