The United Way of North Carolina is offering this position to manage and provide support for grants and initiatives of the statewide NC 211 information and referral system. The Project Manager is tasked with overseeing the day-to-day operational aspects of the implementation and will collaborate with the 211 State Director on the strategy for launching two new key initiatives of the NC 211 system:
• The North Carolina Cybercrime Victim Support Initiative
• Coordinated Entry Integration for the NC Balance of State Communities
Overall responsibility is to ensure all aspects of implementation lead to a successful launch and that all deliverables are completed according to schedule. Specifically, to:
• Plan and organize, in conjunction with 211 State Director and grant project partners, a successful implementation strategy that includes development of agreed upon procedures and protocols, recognition of individual and organizational responsibilities, and targeted outcomes;
• Work with NC 211 Leadership Team to ensure all necessary policies and procedures are documented for new call center activities associated with initiatives;
• Collaborate with community partners to coordinate call center trainings that ensure call center staff have knowledge and information necessary to provide quality services;
• Collaborate with Call Center Managers on Quality Audits to ensure call specialists are meeting project standards as outlined in trainings;
• Serve as liaison between Call Center Managers and Staff and project partners to ensure efficient communication;
• Work closely with all partners and subcontractors on assigned grants and contracts; attend meetings; keep current with federal, state and other requirements, timelines and policy issues.
• Monitor all program grants, contracts and agreements for compliance issues and work with partners and 211 Leadership Team to resolve open issues.
• Collaborate with 211 State Director to develop processes for new grant and contract implementations; monitor compliance of all program agreements and adherence to existing contract expectations across the organization.
• Close out grants/contracts at end of award period and archive relevant documents for audit purposes.
• Lead grassroots efforts to engage community partners, including local United Ways, members of the law enforcement community, housing providers, and others with vested interest in initiatives outcomes to engage in conversation and planning to result in successful implementation;
Develop and produce required grant reports, with guidance from 211 State Director (as needed).
• Develop templates to be used for required grant reporting;
• Train contract and grant partners on how to complete and submit reports;
• Ensure reports are completed and submitted to UWNC in a timely fashion. Review reports for accuracy and completeness;
• Prepare required reports on behalf of all partners to be submitted in accordance with grant requirements;
• Establish a proper record-keeping system to ensure records of all reports are available for auditing purposes;
• Identify opportunities for additional data sharing and reporting to enhance reporting of grant deliverables.
Oversee the fiscal management of grant dollars associated with listed initiatives.
• Work with the Director of Finance to develop policies and procedures for the tracking and management of grant dollars, including processes to approve, account for and reimburse grant dollars to contract partners;
• Develop internal tracking tools and reports to ensure full accountability of grant dollars;
• Ensure proper documentation is collected and maintained for auditing purposes.
• Prepare recommendations for the annual budget with input from direct reports anticipating personnel and operational needs for the upcoming fiscal year.
• Participate in NC 2-1-1’s business continuity planning to ensure on-going grant activities during times of emergency/ disaster
• Work with the NC 211 State Director on identification of other grant opportunities to increase NC 211’s role in NC
• Perform other assigned duties and responsibilities
Please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Heather Black, email@example.com.
Competitive benefit package available to all employees