The International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) is a global not-for-profit membership organization advancing the understanding, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of thrombotic and bleeding disorders. The Society is dedicated to transformative scientific discoveries and clinical practices, the development of young professionals and the education of physicians, scientists and allied health professionals wherever they may live. At the ISTH, we initiate and promote education and outreach initiatives, research activities, scientific meetings, peer-reviewed publications, expert committees and the development of standards allowing a common language and approach to basic and clinical science all over the world. Our organization is based in Carrboro, North Carolina, near the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill campus.
The Society currently serves 5,000 members in 94 countries and the Membership Coordinator is a key position, responsible for the regular administration and execution of membership services. The new Membership Coordinator will be highly responsive to Society members and their needs, helping to support and propel the Membership team work. This talented professional manages the annual membership registration and renewal, maintains the membership database/AMS, reports membership details to Society management and leadership, and serves as the first line of contact for phone and email inquiries. The position supports the promotion of the ISTH membership program at international trade shows and provides exceptional customer service, keeping members interested, engaged, and satisfied with the Society’s goals and activities. The role also provides a wide range of administrative office tasks in support of the Marketing and Membership team, constantly seeking ways to streamline and strengthen the efficiency of membership services. The Membership Coordinator liaises frequently with the meetings team to coordinate registration for meetings, and to provide additional education and meetings customer service assistance as needed.
The successful candidate will have strong communication and organizational skills, with a passion for delivering the highest quality services to our membership. This talented professional will possess solid attention to detail, has experience in maintaining databases and generating reports, and is comfortable serving in external settings such as international trade shows. A background in membership work is highly desired and ideally the candidate has command of two or more languages. In addition, the candidate has the ability to quickly build productive working relationships within ISTH staff as well as ISTH leadership, members, and partners.
Membership Database Management
• Provide all services related to new and renewing ISTH members, including the maintenance of the membership database/AMS (YourMembership), coordination and execution of the annual renewal process, processing new-member information, receipt of dues, membership mailings, phone calls, emails and full-scope reports.
• Facilitate access to online membership services, and coordinate as necessary with members and the Society’s publisher for access to and receipt of the ISTH Society Publication(s).
• Responsible for data integrity, maintaining and regularly updating the Society’s membership database, including member contact and biographical information. Ensure that all membership records and registrations are fulfilled within required times.
• Create, prepare and regularly update advanced analytical reports on all membership aspects. Proactively review reports to ensure accuracy, presenting reports and membership updates to Society management and leadership.
• Upload and maintain the quality management of prospect data into the membership database.
• Optimize the membership database in terms of set-up, manipulation and reporting for maximum efficiency and quality.
• Answer/re-direct inquiries via the membership email account and phone.
• Effectively communicate (via email, phone, fax, in-person or regular mail) with ISTH members or other persons contacting the Society to create a responsive, professional and friendly customer service experience.
• Work with a third party vendor (YourMembership) to effectively execute all renewal efforts which include all forms of communication, including telemarketing.
• Work directly with the marketing team to develop, promote and effectively execute all membership recruitment and retention programs including assisting with email marketing, print advertising and social media.
Internal Team Coordination
• Share responsibilities with marketing team to coordinate and implement the ISTH international travel booth.
• Reconcile membership related financials with the Finance department. Work closely to ensure accuracy.
• Create and implement customer service procedures and programs to ensure the
timely handling of membership contributions.
• Work closely with the meetings team on aspects such as registration, member communication and trouble-shooting questions.
• Manage and keep the Membership program manual up-to-date.
• Provide general administrative support to the HQ team, including answering phones, corresponding with committees, scheduling meeting/conference calls, planning and preparing travel information, executing mailings/shipments, logistical preparations of and hospitality during meetings, and performing other secretarial and administrative assistance, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge Required:
• Knowledge of member services functions, membership recruitment/retention activities, and backend membership administration processes.
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to problem solve and proactively identify creative solutions to member issues.
• Ability to work collaboratively with peers on the staff, volunteer leadership, and vendors.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment; flexible, able to maintain composure under pressure.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and especially Excel, and proven ability to work with membership databases/CRM systems and/or reporting software.
• Well-organized, and ability to plan and execute routine tasks that occur daily, weekly, monthly and annually.
• Analytical skills, accuracy and detail oriented.
• Willingness to travel 3-4 times per year, including international locations.
• Experience with yourmembership.com, or a comparable membership database, is a significant plus.
• Call/customer service center experience is a significant plus.
• Multicultural sensitivity; bilingual is a significant plus.
• Ability to work additional hours as required.
• Associate’s degree plus vocational training; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• At least 3-5 years of professional experience.
• Previous membership, customer service or data management experience.
• Multilingual preferred.
Full-time non-exempt position (40 hours/week).
• This position is primarily sedentary in the Carrboro, North Carolina office and may require some bending and lifting.
• Will require some international travel to events and set up for trade show booths.
ISTH offers competitive salaries based on the experience and skills of employees. Additionally, ISTH provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 403b match, ancillary benefits, access to Flexible Spending Accounts, and generous leave benefits.
Please send your resume and cover letter in attachment form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “ISTH Membership Coordinator” Only competitive candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the selection process. No phone calls please. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Commensurate with experience.