Job Title: Loan Portfolio Servicer
Reports to: Loan Portfolio Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Raleigh Main Office/Remote
Who we are: Carolina Small Business Development Fund (CSBDF) is a nonprofit and certified community development financial institution (CDFI). We are passionate and committed to providing support to small businesses across the state. Our Mission is to foster economic development in underserved communities by providing capital, business services, and policy research to support small businesses. CSBDF provides assistance to small business in four major ways: as a partner, as a trusted guide, as an advocate for small businesses, and as an accessible funding source. Our work supports our vision to create economic opportunity for all people.
Nature of Work: The Loan Servicer oversees asset management and reporting of the performing loan portfolio considered to support small business clients. The Loan Portfolio Servicer will monitor and track loan payment behavior, loan covenants, and provide periodic reviews of existing loan facilities to ensure that risk identification aligns with CSBDF risk tolerance. The position requires reporting of performing loans to both internal and external stakeholders, direct support to the Loan Portfolio Manager and will collaborate closely with internal clients including the Business Solutions, Credit and Loan Closing teams along with external clients including attorneys, title agents, appraisers, third party vendors, Grant and Loan Program Partners such as the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
Supervision Received/Exercised: Works under the general supervision of the Loan Portfolio Manager and has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions: The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Shown are duties intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
Credit Functional Area:
• Upon loan approval and funding, collaborate with the assigned Loan Closer and other team members to ensure data metrics and all identified covenant tracking within the Core Servicing Software (Salesforce) is accurately implemented, and review the Servicing File and loan document retention necessary in supporting servicing needs are met.
• Operate in a legal and ethical manner congruent and in compliance with CSBDF policies and procedures, third-party policies and procedures, and industry regulations.
• Track and process loan covenant documents such as client financial statements, insurance and UCC continuations, and follow up with clients on missing information.
• Perform annual loan reviews of performing loans to assess overall asset quality and recommend risk rating grade changes to Management.
• Review performing loan change in terms requests, collect the necessary supporting documentation such as updated financial information and credit reports, underwrite and provide a credit assessment and recommendation to Management that identifies the risk impact should the request be granted.
• Assist the Loan Portfolio Manager in completing internal and external reporting requirements, to include various internal Loan Portfolio reports, external reports such as the SBA 1502 Guarantee Loan Status and Lender Remittance Forms, and other such reports as needed.
• Assist in the coordination of information sharing with internal and external auditors.
• Assist the Portfolio Manager with non-performing loan duties to support professional growth and team collaboration, such as delinquent loan assessment reports and liquidation actions associated with non-performing loans.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Business Solutions Team Functional Area:
• Effectively communicate loan information to loan clients, educate clients about and suggest applicable CSBDF products and services based on the individual client’s needs.
• Collaborate with Business Solutions Officers to resolve past due payment behavior on loans less than or equal to 45 days.
• 3+ years in business loan administration, and/or loan documentation and/or loan review.
• Any combination of experience and training that can be considered equivalent to the education preference.
• Broad expertise across all commercial industries.
• Strong knowledge of 5 C’s of Credit, and intermediate experience in credit analysis and commercial underwriting including accounting, financial statement, asset valuation, and cash flow analysis experience.
• Knowledge of U.S. Small Business Administration 7a Community Advantage loan requirements.
• Thorough understanding of Commercial Loan documentation.
• Thorough understanding of business entity documentation.
• Knowledge and understanding of rules and regulations governing lending activities, including SBA.
• Familiar with Salesforce and TEA software applications preferred.
• Excellent proven negotiation, persuasion, and execution.
• Strong communication, organization, and detail-orientation skills.
• Maintains confidentiality in processing sensitive client information using discretion and tact.
• Supports a quality credit culture and operate on a team-based lateral organization structure.
• Maintains and supports a shared collaborative team culture in person and virtually.
• Ability to meet reasonable deadlines and prioritization of workflow within a changing and fast paced work environment.
Living our Values:
• Economic Justice: Demonstrate commitment of economic justice through client loan.
• Opportunity: Demonstrate commitment of opportunity when overseeing loan management in support of our vision for economic opportunity for all.
• Customer Service: Provide exceptional efficient and effective customer service to all stakeholders including co-workers, clients, board members, partner agencies, and institutions.
• Excellence: Maintain an environment of excellence through a quality service attitude that drives performance results through healthy portfolio management.
• Integrity: Maintain an environment of integrity through the application of sound moral and ethical principles, especially when servicing a loan.
• Innovation: Promote innovation of products and services available to improve economic access for all.
• Teamwork: Seek and encourage teamwork.
• Passion: Embody and encourage passion for the mission to support small businesses and exemplify that passion through loan servicing.
Work is principally sedentary but may involve some physical exertion during the course of normal work activities, and travel to meetings, conferences or workshops in other cities. As an exempt employee, extended hours may be required on a frequent basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work involves the normal risks or discomfort associated with a standard office environment and is usually in an area that is adequately heated, lighted and ventilated.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
You can send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
We offer a competitive salary that depends on prior experience. Our benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401k Account with employer match, plus generous vacation and sick time.