Homeowner Selection Manager
Department: Homeownership & Neighborhood Programs
Location: 2420 N. Raleigh Blvd Raleigh, NC
Supervisor: Sr. Director of Homeownership & Neighborhood Programs
The Homeownership Selection Manager (HSM) will manage the recruitment, processing, and selection of homeowner families. The HSM will also manage the Home Preservation recruiting, processing and selection of families.
This is a Full Time Non-Exempt position requiring flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as needed for meetings and projects. The HSM will likely spend on average at least five days per week, Monday – Friday (40 hour work week with 8 hours days).
- Develop and maintain partner family recruitment process;
- Lead family services marketing efforts with Communications Department;
- Report on quality and quantity of applicant pool;
- Implement Homeownership & Neighborhood Policy and make sure current practices are consistent with policies;
- Review and update Homeownership & Neighborhood Policy to reflect current practice and new legal issues;
- Manage homeowner selection process;
- Manage new Salesforce process funnel;
- Review online pre-applications and send appropriate acknowledgement;
- Manage, schedule, and facilitate potential homeowner meetings;
- Conduct information sessions;
- Interview or facilitate interviews with all applicants;
- Track and screen applicants before submitting for review;
- Set appropriate timelines to notify families of their status in timely manner through automated messages;
- Maintain homeowner files; keep records of specific issues on file; and
- Prepare homeowner files for committee review/approval
- Prepare and share approved homeowner files with Homeowner Engagement staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent computer skills including data bases, Excel, MS Word, and Google products.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively organize work and time. Ability to work in an office with frequent interruptions. Must be a self-starter.
- Detailed oriented and have familiarity with mortgage regulations such as the: Fair Housing Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, and Non-Judicial Foreclosure Act.
- Current driver’s license and vehicle
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with Habitat Wake staff, partner families, neighborhood residents, and partner organizations.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field;
- Have 1-2 years working with empowerment methodologies for working with under resourced families and communities.
- Experience providing community development from a Christian framework is highly desired;
- Passion and calling to empower families and revitalize communities; and
- Exceptional communication skills and will have a calm and very pleasant demeanor when working with a wide variety of people.
• If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applications are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER AS ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS APPLICATION, IF HIRED, THE COMPANY OR EMPLOYEE MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You also can drop off your cover letter and resume with our front desk at the Habitat Wake Admin offices located at 2420 N Raleigh Blvd Raleigh NC 27604.
Salary Range will be $16.00/hr - $18.00/hr depending on experience.