This position's primary responsibility is to lead, manage, and execute the Foundation's grantmaking activities with accuracy and efficient administration. This includes the entire lifecycle of grant awards, from grant proposal announcements, submissions and reviews, contracting, reporting, and close-out. The Grants Manager is a strong project manager who can keep track of details and loose ends, easily toggle back and forth between multiple projects involving many stakeholders, and keep up with what is happening in the canine health science field. The central responsibility of this role is managing the smooth processing and administration of grants and contracts and otherwise supporting the reputable delivery of the scientific, programmatic strategy.
Primary Job Duties:
GRANTS ADMINISTRATION & MANAGEMENT (80%)
- Accurately, efficiently, and effectively manages the Foundation’s grant database, Blackbaud Grantmaking.
- Coordinates grantee reporting – sending scientific progress and final report reminders, reviewing and compiling reports, and tracking submission metrics.
- Maintains grant dispositions, including the processing of grant requirements, payments, amendments, and extensions; interprets and reviews scientific grant requirements as needed to process effectively.
- Track study publications, presentations, and outcomes; disseminate relevant information, issues, and communications with Programs and to other CHF departments; and other tasks as needed.
- Responsible for the external grant application process, including application processing, contract development, distribution of requests for proposals to the research community, coordination of application review, facilitating external peer reviews, review meeting preparation, and other duties as directed.
- Critically evaluates research protocols to assess eligibility and compliance; escalates as needed to VP and/or Scientific Review Committee (SRC) leadership.
- Facilitate the coordination and preparation of SRC meetings and post-meeting activities.
- Maintains and implements knowledge of new developments and features of the Blackbaud Grantmaking online database.
- Collaborates with VP and other staff to provide programs outreach through curated scientific and promotional materials as needed; provides programs analysis to inform outreach when applicable.
- Further supports programs outreach to donors/constituents by maintaining grant progress report updates, grant webpages, and maintaining Foundation’s Research Grants Portfolio following SOPs.
- Supports programmatic initiatives with project management and organizational support.
GRANTEE RELATIONS (10%)
Please apply via this link: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1082/JobBoard/95710366-2469-441a-87d9-...