Based in either Cary or Charlotte office
Member of the Team In Training (TNT) campaign team, responsible for generating revenue by driving recruitment of participants and key volunteer leaders. This will include the formation of teams and supporting team and individual fundraising activities. Foster and leverage the relationships with TNT Alumni to capture and generate new participants that result in larger teams and higher revenue for the assigned area. Will be involved in the implementation of a set of Core Events as assigned and related to Team participation. Responsible for building a sustainable volunteer led staff supported community that supports the growth of TNT and is connected to our mission and values. Building on the legacy and passion of participants, work to ensure a strong platform of volunteer engagement and a rewarding experience that promotes team recruitment and generates revenue.
Reports to: Area Director
• Generate revenue within assigned market(s) that in many instances will cross existing chapter boundaries.
• Actively seeks and continually engages volunteer leaders in the market to ensure team recruitment, campaign outreach and growth.
• Collaborates with the ED(s) and Area Director to build and maintain an aligned volunteer leadership structure that includes ongoing engagement, pipeline of candidates, and allows growth of the campaign.
• Coordinates the key stakeholders in developing the business plan that sets objectives for revenue, recruitment, volunteer engagement, etc.
• Generate participants for core events and promote TNT programs to current, new participants, and TNT alumni.
• Keep current, new participants, and TNT alumni informed of new events, products, and mission.
• Create, monitor and revise lead generation plans to ensure a revenue opportunity pipeline.
• Engage constituent actively through the SalesForce community platform to drive interest, engagement, and commitment.
• Achieve event commitments early in the sales cycle and continue to support participants in their fundraising efforts in order to increase revenue prior and after events.
• Develop internal relationships with other Campaign Managers throughout the Organization in order to increase revenue, develop product and event knowledge and to promote teamwork.
• Participate in regular status and strategy meetings.
• Establish close relationships with top teams, key volunteer leaders, Board Members, top fundraisers, and sponsors.
• Member of a designated on-site team during the weekend of a Core event; overseeing activities, responsible for successful event implementation and ensuring resolution of problems. Helps optimize the event experience for teams and individuals from their market(s). Will attend at least one to two events a year.
• Provide post event follow ups for future cultivation of new event participation, event opportunities, volunteer leadership, etc.
• Ensure participants have a mechanism to provide feedback on their journey and experience with TNT programs and people.
• Attend annual Area/Region/National meetings.
• Maintain a working knowledge of LLS's mission and programs to promote fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
• Has a responsibility to support all LLS campaign and “all hands on deck” chapter activities in support of other campaigns.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Campaign Managers= 2 to 3 years fundraising, recruitment, sales, marketing
• Experience in volunteer management and leadership
• Participation in events and programs similar to TNT products is a plus
• Proven track record of revenue development and growth and ability to effectively deliver in a target based revenue environment with KPIs and review mechanisms.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new systems, processes, and ways of working in a fast paced, dynamic, team based environment.
• Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively.
• Ability to influence and persuade leads to become participants in the program by communicating the values and benefits of the TNT programs, overcome objections, and manage conflicts effectively.
• Good oral and written communication skills and effective at leading discussions in group settings as well as current and emerging digital and social media spaces.
• Experience in managing partnering with high functioning volunteer leadership teams that need to have strong autonomy and creativity while ensuring we maintain the core value, benefit, and standardization of the TNT products.
• Ability to be self-motivated and manage priorities with minimal supervision.
• Ability to provide peer to peer fundraising support and development for participants, both individual and team environment.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized.
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
• Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
• May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
• Travel expectation will be 20-50% depending on assigned market(s) as well as area/region/national staff meetings.
• Attend and support some selected and assigned Core Events and possible key events.
• Required to work evenings and weekends on occasion.