The Finance Director will be a hands-on and participative manager who will lead and develop and internal team to successfully direct and manage the financial programs, to include budgeting, receipt of revenue, expenditure of funds, and conservation of assets.
The Finance Director will work with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as the Folk School continues to enhance its quality programming and build long range sustainable plans.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; and oversee all financial, project/program, donor and grants accounting
- Accurately post cash receipts/bank deposits, disbursements, payables, receivables, donations, and general ledger entries
- In collaboration with budget mangers, track income and expenses for grants, scholarships, and restricted funds
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; develop the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the Executive Director and board of directors
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process with external auditors
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
- Research all areas of the company for ongoing cost reduction
- Maintain banking and investment relationships
- Managing all aspects of the insurance programs, incident management and claim reporting
- Oversee payroll process
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
Please submit the following materials by e-mail to Jerry Jackson, Executive Director at
1. Cover Letter that details your experience and knowledge in Finance
2. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
3. Contact Information for three professional references
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.