Job: Finance Coordinator
Reports to: Finance & HR Director
Hours: Part-time position, 25 hours per week; work-from-home position
Position Summary: The Finance Coordinator is a part-time position working 25 hours per week. Under the direction of the Finance Director, this position is responsible for performing a variety of nonprofit bookkeeping duties.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
● Manage day to day bookkeeping processes including but not limited to A/P and A/R.
● Process and pay all invoices and check requests in a timely manner.
● Receive and record organizational revenue.
● Assist with preparing grant-specific financial reports and billings.
● Maintain procedures, policies and systems of internal controls to ensure the integrity of all financial systems. Perform non-routine tasks requiring strong judgment and initiative.
● Other duties as assigned.
● At least 2 years of non-profit fund accounting experience preferred.
● Proficiency in Excel required.
● Experience with QuickBooks Desktop required.
● Ability to perform job duties with a high degree of initiative and professionalism, demonstrated sound judgment, and outstanding communication skills. ● Demonstrates professionalism with a diversity of staff, clients, volunteers, vendors and funders.
● Strong organizational and time management skills and acute attention to detail.
● Ability to manage priorities and workflow is required.
● Ability to function in a dynamic environment; shows a significant amount of flexibility and teamwork.
● Understanding of and commitment to Compass Center’s mission.
We actively encourage diverse candidates to apply. Compass Center for Women and Families provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, genetic information, or veteran status.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and 3 professional references (prefer at least one a direct supervisor) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and they will be accepted until the position is filled.
Benefits: Pro-rated Paid Time Off (PTO) and holiday pay
Classification: Part-time, non-exempt to FLSA; some evening and weekend hours will be required
Hourly Rate: $22.00 per hour