Towncreek Vision Corporation is seeking a part-time Executive Director. Towncreek Vision Corporation (TVC) is a community-based nonprofit established in 1992; our mission is to assist the youth and seniors of the community and help them reach their potential. TVC was launched by three church communities to provide athletic opportunities for our young people when the County ballfields were leased to the Dixie League. We operate on the principles of faith, family, education, inclusion, and commitment to community; and we have built community as we built a ballfield and buildings to house programs and serve our neighbors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for overall management and operation of the Towncreek Vision Corporation and protection of the organization’s financial assets while ensuring compliance with Board directives, applicable grantors, and federal and state requirements. The Executive Director is also responsible for fundraising, program development, and marketing/public relations.
The position is responsible for:
Board Governance and Policy
• Support the TVC board in designing organizational strategies to advance the mission, vision and goals for the organization
• Advise and assist the board in fulfilling the responsibilities of their respective offices
• Provide on-going reports to the officers and Board members to keep them properly informed, particularly budget updates
• Meet with the board monthly and assist in developing agendas and reports
Organizational Operations/ Management:
• Oversees all accounting functions, including those necessary for auditing, budgeting, financial analysis, and capital asset and property management.
Ensure strong internal controls, accountability, accurate and consistent financial operations.
• Provide regular financial reports at Board meetings.
• Interact with other personnel and organizations, such as the city, state, and other public and private entities.
• Analyze and evaluate vendor services, particularly for insurance, employee benefits, and management of TVC funds, to determine programs and providers that best meet the needs of TVC; make recommendations to the Board, as appropriate; negotiate services, terms, and premiums and execute contracts with benefit plan providers, supply and service vendors, auditors, and consultants; manage payroll and benefits programs
• Work with board to develop an annual budget for the board’s review and approval
• Ensure compliance with applicable nonprofit laws and policies
• Full responsibility for all aspects of fundraising, including funder cultivation, grant-writing and reporting (narrative and financial)
• Manage grants and contracts, including negotiating agreement terms that reflect the needs of TVC
Program Development/ Management:
• Assists in the development of current and long-term organizational goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures for TVC operations; develop and implement plans to achieve goals set by the Board of Directors and implements policies, subject to approval by the Board of Directors
• Develop and manage projects / programs in cooperation with Board of Directors.
• Supervise, screen, and manage volunteers
• Perform other duties as deemed necessary
Education and/or Experience
The Executive Director should have at a minimum a Bachelor’s Degree. This position requires the above-mentioned skills, knowledge, and at least three years’ experience in the nonprofit sector or related areas. In addition, candidates must have the following:
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
• Demonstrated ability to work with culturally and racially diverse communities
• Demonstrated fundraising success securing grants, donations, and major gifts
• Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office = Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Publisher), including website management; social media skills a plus but not required
• Willing and able to work flexibly and manage multiple projects and responsibilities
• Project management experience
• Ability to supervise volunteers
• Excellent oral and written skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a team
While performing the duties of this job, the Executive Director is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, speak, and hear. The position requires extensive computer use so the employee must have sufficient hand dexterity to use a computer keyboard and be capable of reading a computer screen. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Executive Director must be able to travel to attend conferences, trainings, and other events as required to acquire and maintain proficiency in fulfilling the responsibilities of the position.
Please submit a cover letter detailing applicable experience, resume, and three professional references. Send all documents to: TownCreek45@gmail.com; applications must be received by February 16, 2018.