Executive Director - Better Health of Cumberland County, Inc.
Better Health, a United Way community partner, has been dedicated to bridging gaps in healthcare services for Cumberland County residents since 1958. Better Health is committed to addressing unmet healthcare needs through education, service, and direct assistance. Some of our programs include diabetes education and clinics, preventing childhood obesity, providing medical equipment and services, and partnering with local agencies to provide medical assistance.
The organization is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as Executive Director with responsibility for the organization's overall management and growth within the policies and guidelines established by the Board of Directors. Duties include administrative, financial and personnel oversight; building relationships with other community agencies; fundraising and development; strategic planning and serving as the organization’s primary spokesperson. Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree and related experience preferred. Fundraising and development experience required. The job description is available at BetterHealthCC.org. Please submit resume and three references to ApplyBetterHealthED@gmail.com by Friday, July 17, 2020.
BETTER HEALTH OF CUMBERLAND COUNTY, INC.
Position Title: Executive Director
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
o Ensures that the daily operations support and foster the mission of Better Health of Cumberland County (BHCC).
o Manages the corporate business and day-to-day operations of the organization.
o Writes grants and focuses on corporate fundraising and development opportunities
o Develops and administers the staff and volunteers according to the written policy manual.
o Develops and administers financial resources
Job Relationship: Responsible to the Board of Directors of BHCC
o Case Manager/Administrative Assistant
o Programs Manager
o Health Education Coordinator
o Fayetteville Fit Program Coordinator and Nutrition Educators
o Clinic Nurses
o Housekeeper/General Aid
Major Job Functions: The following is a summary of the major essential functions of the job. The incumbent may perform other duties, both major and minor, that are not mentioned below; and specific functions may change periodically.
1. Acts as Liaison to the Board of Directors and between the Board of Directors and the United Way.
2. Advises and assists the Board in the formulation of policies and regulations and ensures that they are implemented.
3. Serves in an advisory capacity on all Board committees, facilitates Board Member orientation, and acts as a liaison between committees.
4. Obtains funding and other resources for the support of the operations of BHCC through grant writing, donations, and fundraisers with the support of the Development Committee.
5. Apprises the Board and appropriate committee chairs of all critical issues that would affect the mission of BHCC.
6. Oversees BHCC fundraising events, programs, and symposiums, to include Better Health’s “Evening Of” Gala, Red Apple Run, “Dodge It” Dodgeball Tournament, and the Diabetes Symposium
7. Requests Board approval for purchases of unbudgeted items exceeding $500.00.
8. Monitors all BHCC programs and makes periodic site visits to clinics.
9. Supervises all daily activities of BHCC and develops and implements new procedures as needed.
10. Recruits, hires, and terminates, with Board approval, all paid and volunteer personnel, and conducts periodic performance evaluations as required in the BHCC bylaws.
11. Recommends financial policies and procedures to the Treasurer and Finance Committee and oversees their implementation.
12. Creates the Annual Budget for recommendation by the Treasurer and Finance Committee to the Board for approval.
13. Develops annual United Way proposal and site visit presentation, and serves on the United Way Speakers Bureau
14. Maintains and supervises BHCC’s financial accounts and writes all checks to cover expenses incurred in the operation of BHCC to include but not limited to bills, payroll and tax liability.
15. Serves as fiduciary agent for BHCC and ensures that the Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly Tax reports are filed.
16. Represents BHCC at community functions and professional meetings, and promotes BHCC as needed through public speaking engagements, community health fairs, interviews, press calls, and interviews.
17. Develops and publishes newsletters and annual reports.
18. Ensures that all donations whether of time, money, or resources are properly acknowledged.
19. Maintains close and cordial relationships with the United Way, community and volunteer partners, and collaborators.
20. Manages maintenance and repairs of BHCC physical property.
Qualifications: The following qualifications or equivalents are the minimum requirements necessary to perform the essential functions of this job:
Education and Formal training: Graduation from an accredited college or university with specialization in the area of business, finance, health care administration, or human resources management. Graduate work in health care administration or business administration highly recommended.
Work Experience: Five (5) years progressively responsible professional experience in healthcare or nonprofit management desired. Fundraising and development experience are required.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required: Verbal and written communication abilities are required to effectively express ideas and views when speaking to or otherwise communicating with clients, staff and persons in the community. Financial knowledge to interpret and evaluate statistical data used in planning BHCC’s operations and budgets. Organizational ability is required to plan and control the activities of one or more programs and to recognize and establish priorities. Capacity to relate to people from various professional and nonprofessional backgrounds in a manner which wins confidence and establishes support for the goals and objectives of BHCC. Computer skills to include, but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point, and various Social Media platforms. Ability to learn Client Bookkeeping System or applicable financial software.
Physical Requirements: Visual acuity to review data, reports, and make analyses. Speaking and hearing to converse with individual members of the organization and community and to be able to address various groups. Physical ability to set up tables for meetings and transport supplies to community activities.
Better Health of Cumberland County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation in any of its activities or operations.
Salary range: $45,000 - $55,000 per year, based on experience
Email resume and 3 references to applyBetterHealthED@gmail.com.