NCHA is a statewide trade association representing more than 130 hospitals providing acute care, ambulatory care, sub-acute care, rehabilitative, home health and hospice services, behavioral health services, state psychiatric inpatient services and veterans’ services. The association promotes and supports our members and associated partners by advocating for sound public policy, advancing collaborative partnerships, and accelerating innovation to improve the health of the communities where we live and work. NCHA achieves this work by leverage the scope and scale associated with a $17+ million-dollar organization, which is funded by members’ dues, grants, and shared service.
The NC Healthcare Foundation (NCHF) is the 501(c)(3) affiliate of the NC Healthcare Association and is one of the top 5 largest foundations affiliated with state hospital associations in the country.
The Carolinas Health Innovation Institute (CHI2) is a newly formed partnership between NCHA and the South Carolina Hospital Association (SCHA), with a $4 million operating budget and management centralized at NCHA. The Institute’s purpose is to “redefine system of care to equitably and sustainably meet the health needs of the Carolinas.”
The Executive Assistant is responsible for performing a wide variety of detailed and complex administrative functions in support of NCHF operations. This role primarily supports the NCHF SVP and VP, as well as the programs and activities within the CHI2. Additionally, the Executive Assistant plays a significant role in NCHF Board and NCHA Equity Committee management. This position is grant funded.
• Perform administrative duties for NCHF SVP and VP, including calendar management, preparation and editing of written correspondence, handling of incoming and outgoing mail; triaging calls and email; document management, and other related duties.
• Arrange meetings, make appointments, and coordinate travel arrangements for the NCHF SVP, VP and other team members as assigned.
• Process expense reports for NCHF SVP and VP.
• Prepare agendas, coordinate resources, maintain minutes, and oversee other logistics for assigned meetings.
• Provide logistical support, such as vendor and venue coordination, registration management, and registrant communications, as needed for large and/or complex meetings and training events.
• Manage all member communications, tracking and meeting logistics for the NCHF Board and Equity Committee.
• Assists NCHF SVP and VP with managing and tracking projects and tasks assigned to NCHF team members.
• Conduct research and carry out special administrative projects independently. Respond to requests for information. Research and assemble information for staff as assigned.
• Maintain mailing lists and other key contact information within company databases.
• Operate all office equipment and master the use of computer software necessary for completion of assigned duties.
• Assist NCHA support team members as requested, including assistance with work overload for other administrative units, membership and mass mailing assistance, and switchboard assistance.
• Perform other tasks and duties as identified by the NCHF SVP.
• Embrace the NCHA mission to improve the health of the communities where we live and work by advocating for sound public policy and collaborative partnerships
• Support the vision for a North Carolina where high-quality healthcare is equitable and accessible for all
• Demonstrate the association’s core values in all relationships, at all times. Respect. Integrity. Teamwork. Accountability. Perseverance.
• Works primarily under the direction of NCHF Senior Vice President/CHI2 Executive Director and NCHF Vice President/Senior Director of Evaluation
• Collaborates with program leads and managers on the development and execution of CHII initiatives
• Collaborates with other NCHF staff and NCHA departments as needed to assist with Association activities
• Develops and maintains good working relationships with Board members, funders, grantees, and other key stakeholders
• Coordinates meeting scheduling and communication with external partners
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum three (3) years of professional administrative experience working for high-level executives or related experience
• Experience with managing office services and logistics preferred
• Prior Board management experience preferred
• An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent knowledge of office administration
• Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Pro
• Skilled in database management such as CRM software
• Excellent time management, planning, organization, and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Service-oriented with a high-energy “can do” attitude
• Creative, professional, and articulate in order to effectively communicate and exceed client expectations
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members and external contacts
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and to independently manage detailed projects
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Work performed mostly in an office environment.
• Use a computer throughout the workday.
• May require occasional travel.
North Carolina Healthcare Association is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.