Nonprofit organizations use mission statements to identify the overall objectives of the Foundation. The executive assistant for the AKC Canine Health Foundation represents the CEO in carrying out the mission of the Foundation to improve the health of dogs, including representing the Foundation on the phone, greeting visitors and at events. Provides comprehensive and skilled administrative support in all areas to the executive, reports to the CEO, and ensures the efficient and effective operation of that office. Works closely with the CEO, the Senior Leadership Team and the full organization as needed.
This position must always exemplify professionalism and a positive image. As the CEO’s representative, he or she must be punctual and timely in completing assigned tasks. The executive assistant also exercises a great deal of discretion when provided with highly confidential information.
Responsible for operational details and to travel as needed. May support additional department staff as determined by the executive.
Essential duties and specific responsibilities - other duties may be assigned.
- Organizes and expedites the flow of work through the executive’s office.
- Provides Board support including: serve as the main point of contact for Board of Directors,
- schedule Board and Committee meetings.
- Lead the logistical coordination of Board meetings, various staff meetings, and other meetings as necessary includes onsite & offsite meeting locations with coordination of travel plans for executive staff.
- Maintain current information on all Boards and Committees, including roster and attendance, and ensure access as needed.
- Coordinate production and distribution of quarterly Board books and materials for Board and Committee, including distribution of minutes.
- Drafts meeting agendas, records and distributes meeting minutes. Creates high-quality meeting and presentation materials.
- Provide proofreading and writing for CEO correspondence.
- Prepare and edit reports and presentations as needed.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and follow through in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external staff, clients, board, and stakeholders.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains executive's schedule by planning and scheduling appointments, meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Welcomes guests and constituents by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering, directing, or resolving inquiries. Fulfills requests as appropriate and resolves problems whenever possible.
- Produces information and prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information, transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Coordinates and works on special projects and mailings as assigned by the executive.
- For current employees, the executive assistant schedules performance evaluations under the direction of the executive director.
- Responsible for developing and updating necessary Foundational databases, spreadsheets, files, etc. on a regular basis.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; serves as the point of contact for AKC operations staffs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Resourceful, team player, proactive, reliable, trustworthy, and assertive when necessary.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional & discrete manner
Please visit our website to submit an online application: