Do you want to be part of a team that plays for a living? Marbles is hiring an enthusiastic, confident, polished and engaging team member for our Events Team. As Event Coordinator you will work collaboratively to help plan and coordinate creative execution and logistics for both internal and external events. Event Coordinators work together to support facility rentals for clients and partners. The ideal candidate is passionate about events, loves the creative process, and enjoys teamwork and community building.
Marbles is a vibrant and growing nonprofit children’s museum and IMAX Theatre in downtown Raleigh, NC. Our mission is to spark imagination, discovery and learning through play. Marbles provides award-winning learning experiences for children with play-based exhibits, creative programs and larger-than-life movies in NC’s only certified giant screen 3D IMAX Theatre.
Marbles has grown steadily since opening in 2007, now serving 650,000 annual guests, including families, field trips, summer campers, special events guests and moviegoers.
• Promote Marbles to facility rental clients, showcasing our spectacular spaces and full-service venue offerings.
• Collaborate with clients to coordinate event logistics and coordinate implementation and delivery by part-time Marbles Event Hosts.
• Participate in the vision, planning, logistics and execution of exciting and mission-driven internal events.
• Convene meetings, manage budgets and timelines, and ensure all teams are on schedule to achieve their goals for assigned events.
• Serve as Event Host for occasional daytime events and for some evening and weekend events as needed.
Experience and Skill Requirements
• A post-secondary degree in a related field or a combination of education and experience, with at least 2 years in a related events position
• Proven ability and desire to maintain a helpful, friendly, poised and professional demeanor in a busy, team-oriented customer service environment
• Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office Suite
• Proven track record of customer-focused decision making and problem solving
• Demonstrated ability to provide effective feedback and receive constructive coaching
• Proven ability to initiate, prioritize, organize and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Outgoing and enthusiastic personality with the ability to collaborate with others
• Respectful and approachable with high standards for personal integrity
• Preference for a fast-paced, high-energy work environment
• Flexible and fun, with an enjoyment of creative problem-solving and a team-oriented attitude
• Genuine interest in advancing the mission of Marbles
• Walking, standing, stooping, bending
• Moving equipment, pushing/pulling carts, carrying items
• Occasional lifting of 40lbs or more
To apply, please submit a cover letter, salary requirements, resume and references to Diane Wardenfelt, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 919.834.3516. Marbles Kids Museum is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all to apply. We participate in E-Verify.