Location: Cary, NC
Our Mission: Dorcas Ministries provides crisis relief to area residents who seek stability and self-sufficiency through food and financial assistance, scholarships, training programs, referrals and an affordable thrift shop.
Job Overview: We have an exciting opportunity for a leader preferably with retail experience who enjoys working with customers, volunteers and co-workers. This position is responsible for conducting the daily operations of the Dorcas Shop, the premier thrift store in Western Wake County. Candidates must possess a passion for helping others and being part of a caring community addressing the needs of neighbors in crisis. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meet store goals; identify work to be done; prioritize and delegate to reach performance goals. Hold self and team accountable for driving results. Develop and manage to Dorcas operational standards. This includes: opening and closing procedures, cash management, pricing, rotation schedule, processing donations, store and salvage returns, record keeping and reporting information.
• Work with Operation Supervisor to ensure donations are received and processed quickly, efficiently and meet quality standards. Monitor inventory levels, production, and donation volume to drive retail sales.
• Work closely with the Dorcas Ministries staff, Board of Directors, and volunteers to support the organization’s goals and mission.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget and strategy plan. Monitor and control the expense budget for the Dorcas Shop.
• Compile and distribute monthly reports on Dorcas Shop sales and performance to the Board of Directors.
• Oversee the purchase of supplies for use in the Dorcas Shop.
• Organize and promote sales events for the Shop.
• Approve and document donations made to outside agencies.
• Organize and conduct management meetings for Day Managers and volunteers.
• Organize internal Dorcas Shop ad hoc committees as needed.
• Provide procedures and guidelines for the Dorcas Shop volunteers.
• Review the Dorcas Shop volunteer job descriptions and update as needed.
• Coordinate placement of volunteers with Day Managers and the Volunteer Manager to satisfy the needs for Dorcas Shop operations.
• Periodically review and maintain the Shop’s pricing list.
• Coordinate with department managers to create attractive and appropriate sales floor displays. Set dates for seasonal changeovers for the Shop.
• Facilitate a safe and healthy working environment for customers, volunteers, and staff.
• Provides functional guidance for volunteers who work in the Dorcas Shop.
• Perform any other duties assigned by Executive Director and Board president.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
• Retail management experience preferred.
• Experience and/or knowledge in volunteer management preferred.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of supervision.
• Ability to work with diverse personnel and promote diversity in the workplace.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to train volunteers and staff.
• Proficiency in using computer applications relative to performance of the daily operations of the Dorcas Shop. This includes trouble shooting cash registers and credit card machines.
• Ability to analyze sales data and plan accordingly.
• Ability to physically perform the job functions.
• Ability to lift objects weighing no more than 50 pounds
• Ability to operate standard office equipment.
• Ability to bend, stoop, and reach frequently.
• Ability to stand up to 4-5 hours at a time.
• Ability to travel. Must have a valid North Carolina driver's license.
Work Environment/Environmental Condition:
• Normal office and retail environment.
• Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather.
• Saturday work required.
To apply, resumes should be submitted to Ellen Frazier at email@example.com, with the subject line "Dorcas Shop Manager" by March 1st, 2018.