The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro (CFGG) is a public charity serving Guilford, Alamance, Randolph and Rockingham Counties in North Carolina. Under the direction of a volunteer board of community leaders, the Community Foundation receives charitable funds from donors, invests those funds, distributes funds to charitable causes and provides services and grants to nonprofit agencies and the community.
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro is an equal opportunity employer.
The Community Foundation provides donors with opportunities to make giving easy, personally satisfying and effective. The Donor Services Officer will work with departmental and other Foundation staff to build and implement processes that result in deeper donor relationships. This individual will manage his/her own portfolio of donor relationships, providing high-level customer service that meets donors where they are and encourages transformational giving.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1) Provides leadership in the development and implementation of stewardship programs and services for existing donors to build, deepen, and maintain relationships
• Helps create, implement, and maintain a program for capturing donor interests to customize donor outreach and provide more appropriate service
• Creates opportunities to educate donors about the greater community to broaden their personal philanthropy
• Develops benchmarks and processes to measure success in delivering donor services and uses the knowledge gathered to continually enhance the Foundation’s donor relations program
• Works with the Community Foundation's database administrator to ensure the CRM software, Raiser's Edge, is optimized for donor services, relationship building, and moves management, including capturing the full spectrum of information on donors’ interests, gifts, and grant history
• Maintains a current knowledge of philanthropic trends and legislation that impacts the field of philanthropy
2) Manages a portfolio of donors for stewardship
• Responds to donor requests for information; coordinating research on nonprofit organizations in a particular field of interest, and also connecting donors to the appropriate resources within the Foundation to address their needs
• Targets and prioritizes donors for engagement using research tools and segmented data from Raiser's Edge
• Develops and maintains relationships with current donors through phone calls, personal visits, and written correspondence; engages other Foundation staff as needed in stewarding donors
• Engages current donors in the Foundation’s community grantmaking process by promoting "Giving Together" and providing current information about local grantees
• Educates donors and their professional advisors about the comparative benefits of the Foundation
• Regularly communicates with donors to identify ongoing needs for expanded Foundation services
Supports the mission, vision and strategic goals of the Foundation to serve both internal and external customers
Conducts self in a professional manner
Follows and supports Foundation policies and procedures
Maintains appropriate professional appearance
Evaluates own performance and assumes responsibility for professional development
Maintains current knowledge of all changes affecting area of work
Participates as a team member utilizing a collaborative style to achieve mutual goals
Provides proactive, creative cross-functional thinking and ideas to enhance service to customers
Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others
Participates in meetings or committees as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the not-for-profit or related field is required; experience could include a combination of development, customer service, project management, and/or sales development.
• Deep interest in and commitment to the work of the Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro, with a demonstrated commitment to the Greater Greensboro area, its people and their concerns.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, time-management, networking and development skills with diverse constituent groups, with a demonstrated attitude toward inclusiveness.
• Experience working within CRM software, preferably Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills, computer literacy (including most primary office software packages), and competency in public speaking.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate several activities at one time.
• Excellent conceptual and analytical skills; ability to research and analyze information.
• Good sense of self with demonstrated qualities of integrity, loyalty, discretion, caring and self-motivation.
• An ongoing commitment to training in both areas of soft skills and technical skills to maintain and improve current skills and knowledge.