Position: Director of Operations, Data & Outcomes, YouthBuild
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
JOB TYPE/CLASSIFICATION: Full-time/Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Operations, Data and Outcomes provides day-to-day leadership and management that mirrors the mission and core values of Triangle Literacy Council (TLC) and Bull City YouthBuild (BCYB). The Director of Operations, Data and Outcomes serves as a member of the leadership team and participates actively in developing TLC’s overall strategic direction. Directs, administers and coordinates operational activities of BCYB in support of policies, goals, budgets and objectives established by the CEO and the Board of Directors. Serves as an internal leader of the organization.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the CEO in the oversight of YouthBuild operations.
• Perpetuate TLC’s mission in the community by assisting with marketing and project development.
• Provide leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that Bull City YouthBuild has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
• Provides and ensures outstanding customer service to staff, funders, and stakeholders.
• Develop effective operational strategies to carry out TLC and BCYB’s mission, goals and objectives.
• Recommend new policy and procedures and report progress to CEO and Director of Literacy Programs.
• Ensure that the responsibilities, authorities and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
• Ensure that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
• Make recommendations to CEO in the hiring of paid staff in consultation with other Senior Staff.
• Provide for all staff a strong day-to-day leadership presence.
• Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
• Support development and integration of Program strategies.
• Understand technical aspects of Program Department work.
• Responsible for overall work quality and integration of learning and best practices. Assist supervisors with measuring project and individual performance through regular communication with professional Program Staff, monitoring progress, tracking outcomes, and quality of services. Conduct site visits to the extent necessary to measure program performance, ensure quality, and track outcomes.
• Work with Leadership Team to provide high-level project oversight, approving project scope and deliverables within program.
• Assist in the development, implementation, enforcement, and monitoring of program policies and procedures for effective service delivery.
• Develop innovative initiatives to enhance internal communication, education, efficiency, and effectiveness.
• Develop, ensure implementation, and enforce the use of systems that facilitate equitable and efficient work allocation, quality control, monitoring and evaluation, and communication within and among programs as well as between Programs and other departments and/or stakeholders.
• Lead efforts to identify and assess how emerging trends and issues may impact TLC's work.
• Assist with the identification and research of new business development opportunities.
• Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the organization.
• Present reports to the Board of Directors and CEO as requested.
• Represent TLC and BCYB at meetings within the nonprofit and philanthropic community and at conferences and other relevant meetings and events.
• Communicate TLC's branding message internally and externally.
• Performs other duties as assigned in order to assist in achievement of organizational performance goals.
Minimum of a 4-year degree and at least 5 years of experience in community organizational management. (Master’s Degree preferred).
• Demonstrated successful experience in supervisory capacity.
• Experience in data collection, analysis and reporting.
• Experience utilizing required data systems to track, maintain and report critical student information such as contact information, enrollment statuses, withdrawals, assessment outcomes and all other required indicators.
• Experience with management of community and/or government grant requirements and reporting.
• Experience with online learning and education platforms and adult education (preferred).
Send a detailed cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The position will begin in January 2020.
The Triangle Literacy Council offers an excellent benefit package for all full time employees. The salary for this position is in the mid $50,000 range..