Executive Service Corps of the Triangle (ESC) is governed by a 15-person Board of Directors and has a small staff with an operating budget of roughly $250,000.
75+ executive-level volunteer consultants provide direct consulting and capacity-building services to nonprofits in the Triangle. Additional organizations and individuals are also reached through educational workshops and a new internet-based matching service, called Build a Better Board. The pro bono consultants who volunteer for ESC are retired, work part-time or a have flexible schedule and have over 10 years of senior management experience in business, nonprofit, government or academic sectors.
ESC is poised for significant growth. To achieve that goal we will be adding an accomplished professional to our team to lead the recruitment and development of our volunteer consultants, along with supporting other internal projects.
THE POSITION OVERVIEW
Our Director of Consulting will have overall responsibility for recruiting, training, development, consultant satisfaction and client feedback to the consultants. This person will also help with social media and marketing Build a Better Board. In addition, other internal projects throughout the year will be assigned, as needed.
Our Director of Consulting will report directly to the Executive Director. This position is 30-40 hours per week.
• Lead and coordinate an effective sourcing and recruiting strategy, to include the attraction, screening, interviewing, orientation, development and recognition of qualified professional volunteer consultants
• Serve as a resource person for staffing of consulting assignments
• Build on and improve our training and development programs
• Oversee the project contract process from creation to completion
• Counsel consultants on areas of performance enhancement
• Monitor client and consultant evaluations
• Maintain the consultant resources in restricted website
• Develop quarterly consultant newsletters
• Maintain social media
• Other internal projects as assigned
THE CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE
• 5 years+ in a management role
• Experience in managing or working with employees and/or volunteers
• Specific experience in recruiting and training a plus
• Success working with a diverse, smart, energetic, sometimes demanding group of people
• Experience in conflict resolution
• Comfort in a fast paced, results-oriented environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Active listening skills
• A sense of humor
• A bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college/university is required
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint; familiarity with SalesForce is a plus
THE CANDIDATE SHOULD BE
• A team player willing to jump in when help is needed for any ESC project
• Empathetic and pragmatic
• Skilled at collaboration and idea integration
• A self-starter who sees opportunities for improvement and initiates action
Email resume and brief cover letter to Anne Saffer, Executive Director, at email@example.com
Review of candidates will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled. Compensation is commensurate with candidate experience and size of the operating budget.
Executive Service Corps of the Triangle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.