The Opportunity | Capital Development Services
Founded in 1984, Capital Development Services (“CapDev”) has an established reputation as trusted advisors in philanthropy and executive search, serving all types of nonprofits across the Southeast. The firm has provided search, development and campaign services for hundreds of organizations and institutions, including educational, cultural, health and human services, arts, environmental, social, religious, and others, all with an emphasis on planning and capacity-building.
Our Campaign Group specializes in major campaign planning and implementation, feasibility studies, development assessments, staff and board training, strategic planning, major gift solicitations, prospect identification and research, leader/donor development, planned giving, and grant writing.
Our Executive Search Group partners with nonprofit organizations and institutions to place high-level professionals in development and executive positions. By customizing our comprehensive search process to best fit each client, we guide the selection of the strongest candidate.
Our mission is to empower nonprofit organizations by partnering with them to successfully fulfill their missions. Our strategy is to build personalized and sustainable fund development programs and recruit executives in partnership with nonprofits. Our team provides each client with the dual benefit of counsel devoted to achieving success, and the rich resource of an experienced team of professionals. Our commitment is to apply our knowledge and expertise to deliver results that achieve goals.
The Opportunity | Director of Client Services
Capital Development Services is seeking a bright and energetic individual to serve as the full-time Director of Client Services (DCS). The DCS assists the VP and the CapDev Client Services team in providing nonprofit clients with the resources they need to be successful in their fundraising and search service endeavors. In addition, the DCS supports in various administrative and operational areas in the office. CapDev is a fast-paced work environment – multi-tasking, organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative are critical to success. The DCS will be expected to work independently and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. It is required that he/she be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, online skills, and generally technologically savvy.
Responsibilities will include leading or supporting in the following areas:
Client Services Responsibilities:
- Assist in overall client support in collaboration with the team to fulfill the expectations of the client contracts.
- Summarize data in Excel spread sheets and help prepare written reports in Word documents with attention to high-quality presentation, accuracy and readability.
- Organize and coordinate office systems and databases to ensure efficiency.
- Assist with administrative and operational office management.
- Communicate effectively (written and oral) with members of the team, clients, and prospective clients.
- Send and edit regular correspondence on behalf of team members.
- Assist in research tasks, including foundation reports, prospect research, and other substantive information for both clients and company, in conjunction with Client Services and Marketing.
- Support Client Services with meeting and conference planning, Word document and PowerPoint preparation, and email communications.
- Manage freelance writers and research subcontractors.
- Perform the above and any other duties necessary to ensure all administrative and Client Services needs are met.
The Candidate | Critical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, possessing strong initiative
- Strong computer skills
- General knowledge of fundraising techniques and best practices
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as work independently
- Experience in administrative work; experience in the nonprofit and development field is a plus
- Ability to work with and respect confidential information
- Proficient computer skills including word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation creation, social networking, and web-based technologies
- Belief in the mission of the company and a willingness to serve nonprofits
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to Jen Tozier at email@example.com.